[1.2] PowerSwitch

Started by Haplo, April 10, 2014, 03:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

I used the mod a while ago, and when I turned a switch off there was this message that buildings need power on the right side which was really annoying and I deleted it, is this still the case?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Igabod

Quote from: Dr. Z on December 11, 2014, 02:34:32 AM
I used the mod a while ago, and when I turned a switch off there was this message that buildings need power on the right side which was really annoying and I deleted it, is this still the case?

My guess is yes this is still the case. You are shutting off power to the circuit, not just turning the objects off. It's like a circuit breaker in your house. Flip the circuit off and your lamp won't work no matter how many times you click the switch. The message that it needs power is removable probably but it would require some actual C# programming in a .dll file and it would probably remove the message from the game all together which isn't a good thing.

Carry

Great mod, but there is a bug in the latest version (1.8.0, A8b/c).
The motion detection (pawn in room) doesn't work. It constantly throws exceptions. Every other option (including pawn nearby) works fine. I attach a screenshot of the debug log.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Haplo

Hmm.. I think I have a solution for that problem..
Can you try this preview version and tell me if it works for you, please? Hopefully it should correct the problem..

Carry

Thanks for the quick reply. Motion detection works and no exceptions.

Haplo

Update: And here is the official update to 1.8.1.
This one is Alpha 8e tested :)

decomg

Arrean

Got a weird bug with motion detection power switches. Every couple of seconds it switches on, even if there is no one around, and brings my power rate to insane negative number(like -1800000) which is much more than my power consumption even if everything is on, And immediately empties all my batteries.

harpo99999

Quote from: Arrean on December 19, 2014, 03:30:26 PM
Got a weird bug with motion detection power switches. Every couple of seconds it switches on, even if there is no one around, and brings my power rate to insane negative number(like -1800000) which is much more than my power consumption even if everything is on, And immediately empties all my batteries.
I also see this issue while using 1.81

BinaryBlackhole

Could you do something like this with doors so raiders don't destroy the doors and you can let animals through I don't want to lose heat from a broken door.

Haplo

Quote from: Arrean on December 19, 2014, 03:30:26 PM

Does this happen only with the motion detector? Or also with the other modes?

Quote from: BinaryBlackhole on December 21, 2014, 12:44:00 AM
Could you do something like this with doors so raiders don't destroy the doors and you can let animals through I don't want to lose heat from a broken door.
If you want to have doors that  an be set to open I would recommend my Miscellaneous mod and there to activate the locked doors part.

harpo99999

haplo, I also see a flickering of the powerswitch  when in motiondetect mode and noticed the flickering of powered items connecteed permanently to the powernet as I aslo saw in each of the previous alpha versions

Haplo

Ok, I'll look into it soon.
But unfortunately because of all the x-mas chaos here, it may be after x-mas before I find the time to do it :(
I'll try to do it earlier, but can't really promise anything yet..

harpo99999

haplo, when the sswitches are doing the flicker, I als osaw a large number of errors in the log for the powerswitches attempting to access a out of bounds location.
hope this info helps

Haplo

Thanks for the info. Could you maybe post the output_log.txt file when it happens? I have a suspicion, but when that really is the problem, it will be harder to fix as it is a core part and not a mod part that throws this error.. Hopefully my guess is wrong.. But I won't have time to check it until after Christmas, sorry :(