[0.8.657] Black screen when loading world

Started by Valdemar FIN, December 18, 2014, 01:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdemar FIN

When I load any world, console opens up and tells me that error has happened (See attachment. In that screen, I tried to load two different worlds, so there are two different error messages). GUI seem to work fine, however everything seems to "stick" to the screen (Demonstrated in attachment via click+drag). Game itself is black and paused/frozen, but I can still hear ambient sounds (eg, mechanoids squeking, low hum of crashed ship part, crackilng of fires).

I redownloaded Rimworld and I worked just fine, until I exited it and came back.

[attachment deleted due to age]

pdxsean

I ran into this situation loading a colony. It was a late-stage colony, 22 population, coming up on spring of year 4, spread out underground with tons of little mining tunnels. It had been lagging and I'd recently reassigned everyone's work priorities. I'd saved with the hope of relaunching and hopefully cutting the lag.

Unfortunately it is a blank screen for the most part, although I can see the names of my colonists floating in white over the black screen. I've attached a screenshot with the bug window.

Wanted to start a new colony anyway. :)

BobbyPaco

The same. I noticed the "MinifiedSculpture" problem twice on my log (see attached).

It's worth pointing out that *I sold two sculptures, after having set them*, (at least as I remembered it).

EDIT :
2nd poster's problem seems to have the same cause, however first poster seems to have another issue)

Tynan

Could any of you provoke this bug, let the game crash, close it, then post the output_log from the RimWorld657_Data folder? Zip it if needed. I'd very much like to fix this.

Also, it's be even better if you could post a zip with your map and world files as well. This way I can repro the bug.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

BobbyPaco

Quote from: Tynan on December 22, 2014, 05:56:50 PM
Could any of you provoke this bug, let the game crash, close it, then post the output_log from the RimWorld657_Data folder? Zip it if needed. I'd very much like to fix this.

Also, it's be even better if you could post a zip with your map and world files as well. This way I can repro the bug.

here you go !

BobbyPaco

BobbyPaco

Professor Cupcake

I am also getting a bug like this, though it seems to be a little different to the above issues, as when it happens to me there are no menus. Curiously, it still renders rain, fog and selected zone borders. When they are rendered, they multiply on-screen as things do when there is no background on them (not sure what the technical term for that is, but it's a fairly common occurrence in buggier games).

The bug happens whenever I try to load any save. Correction: It appears that it was just all of the saves I had available at the time that were encountering the bug. I have managed to load saves since.

output_log coming shortly attached.
World and save also attached.

PS: Are there any software prerequisites for Rimworld? I looked through the site and couldn't find any info about it.

Oxidus

People try to go to %APPDATA%/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/Rimworld/Config/ModsConfig.xml   <------ Delete this file and start game again.If you have any mods then enable them again,might be you deactivated Core Mod (Main file of Rimworld.) Tell me if it works.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

DieselpunkCyborg

I am getting this bug too, it happens just as I sell some sculptures and buy some others ( I bought a gold and uranium normal sculpture). It persists beyond loading/saving.

EDIT: I can reproduce this graphical glitch by placing a sculpture with the dev tool. Not Minified Sculpture, but Sculpture.

Trelain

I am getting this as well.  Soon as a solar flare hits (not sure if it's unrelated or not), my screen washes out to bright yellows and red.  Pawn names track, following the pawns, but I can't see them, just their names.  Loading an autosave causes it to load all black.  Loading the prior autosave leads to the solar flare, followed by the washing out again.  I've included the last two autosaves, world, and output file.