[MOD] (Alpha 12) Thingamajigs! -Discontinuedmajig-

Started by Shinzy, October 02, 2014, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Quote from: Tasher on January 11, 2015, 07:24:25 PM
Definitely will be trying this out. Would love to have chainsaws for the enormous amount of time it takes to fell a tree...

For construction, plant cutting and mining => see this mod!

Shinzy

Quote from: Rikiki on January 12, 2015, 03:22:54 AM
Quote from: Tasher on January 11, 2015, 07:24:25 PM
Definitely will be trying this out. Would love to have chainsaws for the enormous amount of time it takes to fell a tree...

For construction, plant cutting and mining => see this mod!

Aye! if the machete feels too slow for felling trees I can also recommend that mod!
the artstyle don't differ at all, either! ;D

AlfredoDaPig

You should make this mod work with the Necromancy mod (when its released) so that your colonists can fight while zombies do your bidding and work for you! (just a suggestion, no idea how to even begin creating a mod!) ;D

Enjoyment

Since buthcering is a part of cooking profession, and there is no way to make this jobs be done by different colonists - it's wierd to see spatula and cleaver... Maybe A9 feature with attaching col to bill will deal with this issue (and the same with tailoring as a part of crafting)...
But the most weird for me is miss of constructor's tool. Maybe a simple hammer?
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Rikiki

Quote from: Enjoyment on January 15, 2015, 04:43:47 AM

@Enjoyment: you may be suffering from cataract... Have you considered getting bionic eyes? ;D
Just look 2 posts earlier buddy... ;)

Enjoyment

Quote from: Rikiki on January 15, 2015, 05:11:36 AM
@Enjoyment: you may be suffering from cataract... Have you considered getting bionic eyes? ;D
Just look 2 posts earlier buddy... ;)
Oh, my eyes is all normal, thx for your care, and i saw the link to "Right Tool For The Job v1.1" mod. But its two different mods from different modders. We have a very friendly community and this great, but i thought "If this man making tools with stats, he could make all of them", you know? ) Or you could cooperate with Itchy and make one mod instead of two separate...
That's what im was talking about)
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Shinzy

Quote from: Enjoyment on January 15, 2015, 04:43:47 AM
Since buthcering is a part of cooking profession, and there is no way to make this jobs be done by different colonists - it's wierd to see spatula and cleaver... Maybe A9 feature with attaching col to bill will deal with this issue (and the same with tailoring as a part of crafting)...

Yus! I've had a plan for own tools for all the possible jobs since I first made the mod
but I have so many kettles on fire at the same time so I've kept jumping back and forth doing this and that here and there so ;D you can imagine!
but I'm definately gna add a nailgun for builders whenever I get around to it
mite even do one today now that I know there's demand for one :P

Quote from: henk on January 11, 2015, 07:05:05 PM
Awesome mod!
But really lacks some tools: construction (a hammer), cleaning (broom), hauling (backpack).
Regarding butchering+cooking - a kitchen knife will suffice. +20% cooking speed, +8 butchery eff., +5% butchery speed. A good tradeoff.

And you could rename that tailoring thingie to just Scissors. Makes much more sense.

Also, is it possible to add Quality stat to these crafted items akin to how Sculptures work? Would make much more sense than material-based tiers.

Ooo I totally skipped over/missed this post! Kitchen knife is really good idea, don't know why I didn't think of that!

Tailorer 3000 has giant needle on it too so I can't name it just scissors =P Sorry!
and imma look about the quality stuffs soon as I get back home again but I thought they was already in there? I may remember wrong thouugh.. ;D

omniessence

How does this mod work exactly? Are the tools equipped with the weapons, is it passive to the colony once I get it, do they get auto equipped when the colonist does the job?

Shinzy

Quote from: omniessence on January 21, 2015, 11:30:06 AM
How does this mod work exactly? Are the tools equipped with the weapons, is it passive to the colony once I get it, do they get auto equipped when the colonist does the job?

They're melee weapons with passive stat boosts to the wielder
only particularly useful for empaths and brawlers or people you don't use in combat
your best doctor/cook etc

if you'd like to get the full benefits out of them you'd have to micromanage quite a bit I'm sorry ;D
and they give more use for you to plop down gunracks around the colony!

In short! the contents of the mod aren't likely going to dominate your playthrough with their presence! but they're not total waste of time ;D

Edit: Oh! and quick update! nailgun and breadknife!

Epyk

Ooo a new update. I heard the Epyk Pack loves those. I can stare at your textures all day shinzy.

I just love this mod, like you said, adds a reason to add weapon racks around my base.
Just seeing kitchen knife next to my cooking stove, or a pick at the mines fills me with delight.  ::)

(Epyk, obsessed with gun mods and cosmetic decoration)
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Kyos

And the nail-gun makes a amazing early self-defense tool. Whilst being useful for getting those first shacks up. If I could have a choice, I'd have a pair of these over the survival rifle and pistol standard kits.

A pity they require two days of uninterrupted crafting to make. I have to use crafting robots to produce them!

I hope you update this mod. It is amazing.

Shinzy

Quote from: Kyos on February 27, 2015, 06:18:19 AM
And the nail-gun makes a amazing early self-defense tool. Whilst being useful for getting those first shacks up. If I could have a choice, I'd have a pair of these over the survival rifle and pistol standard kits.

A pity they require two days of uninterrupted crafting to make. I have to use crafting robots to produce them!

ima update it today at some point (thanks to Skullywag!)
just need to polish it up a bit I think

Kyos

Quote from: Shinzy on February 27, 2015, 06:20:34 AM

When you do, could you give the nailgun a 'unfinished' state? So my crafters don't starve to death trying to complete it in one go? The MD2 and MAI droid mods are not updated yet so I have to rely on organic craftmanship rather than superior Craftdroidship.

... And maybe a chisel for the artists.

Shinzy

Quote from: Kyos on February 27, 2015, 06:27:19 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on February 27, 2015, 06:20:34 AM

When you do, could you give the nailgun a 'unfinished' state? So my crafters don't starve to death trying to complete it in one go? The MD2 and MAI droid mods are not updated yet so I have to rely on organic craftmanship rather than superior Craftdroidship.

... And maybe a chisel for the artists.

Facepunch