Captain's log

Started by CrayonMechant, September 18, 2013, 12:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogaburan

Quote from: Tynan on September 19, 2013, 06:24:05 PM
Quote from: elemenofi on September 19, 2013, 06:22:28 PM
Blablabla... Europa Universalis is good... blablabla...
I feel I should play that game... I am just afraid it would eat my life.

It might not...
But the desire to mod it...
That ate my life.
Im currently in rehab... forced by my wife.

Tynan

Don't worry. You can start modding RimWorld instead (soon enough) :D
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Syphus

Quote from: Ogaburan on September 19, 2013, 06:45:46 PM
Quote from: Tynan on September 19, 2013, 06:24:05 PM
Quote from: elemenofi on September 19, 2013, 06:22:28 PM
Blablabla... Europa Universalis is good... blablabla...
I feel I should play that game... I am just afraid it would eat my life.

It might not...
But the desire to mod it...
That ate my life.
Im currently in rehab... forced by my wife.

I got my girlfriend to play Hearts of Iron III, and I didn't see her for about three days.

elemenofi

In Hearts of Iron you get some nice logs too. For example, when capital ships are sunk, it gets recorded. There is a ledger which keeps track of the whole statistics in the game and I think it is the last page that records which ship sunk which ship with the name of the battle and the date.

It is beautiful. When you have a ship which has lasted many battles, nerds like myself, enjoy goin back to the ledger to check all the victories and the powerful enemies defeated.

Lets be honest, keeping written record is something we are pretty good at doing.

MyNameIsSpyder

It would also be cool if something like a weapon/ that has defeated many enemies of a special type or something gets a special title ( Ex. "The Great Squirrel Slayer" ), or maybe there can be a bill on the sculpting table to "Record Recent Event", giving a buff with the name "Good Memories" if they won, or if they lost many friends a debuff like "Bad Memories" or something.

Sartain

Quote from: elemenofi on September 19, 2013, 06:27:46 PM
Yes indeed. Be carefull. All of Paradox Studio games are real fun to me. You just need to be ready to stare into a map for really long periods of time.

You may start your game with Crusader Kings 2 from 867 to 1450, then convert it to EUIV and play from 1450 to 1800...

Real fun.
Actually, with the Charlemagne DLC you get to start in 700-something where parts of the world is still tribal, pre-feudal lands. It's also the tipping point for actually being able to create a 1000-year kingdom.