[A11b] Prison Improvements v1.1 updated by kexici

Started by Wastelander, February 05, 2015, 01:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wastelander

Prison Improvements Mod

Changelog

V1.1:
-Tried something...unorthodox.... to make the mod more compatible with other mods. Let me know if it breaks.
-Colonists will now transfer downed (I.E. legless) prisoners, as long as there is a free bed in the destination zone.
-Added slave collars, enslavement, and enslaved thought from the Slavers mod.
-Modified exercise job so it can be done in a room 64 sq instead of 300 sq.
-Added Blazergong's door gfx as alternate gfx. Rename the alternate door images to use them.

Description:
This is a component of a larger mod I'm working on. It adds a few features specific to prisoners:

Cell Door
A door which prisoners and colonists can open. Used to create prisoner bedrooms, separate areas of the prison, create fenced yards, etc.

Security Camera
Found under the Misc menu, designates a room as a prison without requiring a bed. Self-destructs if it is in a room touching a map edge or if there are colonist beds in the room.

Yards
Prisoners with cabin fever will automatically seek out open prison spaces to exercise. An open space is a 'room' with at least 64 unroofed tiles. (if you notice your prisoners refusing to go exercise, it's probably because the yard is too small.)

Prison Transfer
Transfer prisoners to any named security camera.

Enslavement
Added a few features from my Slavers mod to this mod; you can craft slave collars at a tailor's workshop. There's a new prisoner interaction button that lets you enslave prisoners rather than try to convert them. Enslaving is immediate, but slaves gain a permanent -3 mood modifier.

Warden changes
Wardens will no longer haul prisoners back to their beds if they stay within the prison.

Download:
Mod: A11b A9
Source: http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/VaSrMEEL/file.html

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Known bugs / issues:
- Security Camera takes two keypresses to rotate.
- Not all input is caught when naming a security camera - for example, 1-2-3 still change game time while naming. Will work on this one at some point.
- Can only transfer incapacitated prisoners to a security camera if there is an unowned prisoner bed in the destination room.

ManWithNoName

Thanks will check this out later today  ;D

numen0r

TheSilencedScream

This is great!
Looking forward to seeing what else you bring to the table. :)
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

popster99

you are lucky to have the Lord Tynan to speak on your post

Boboid

A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever :P
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

blaze7736

lol prison architect comes to rimworld  :)

skullywag

Make the marker a phonebox or a weights bench or something that isnt a "marker". Other than that great job and a good solution to the multiple prisoner rooms "issue".
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Rikiki

Is it the Prison-o-Mat I see here? :)
Did you had to make some tweaks?
How did the meals get near the prison beds?

Good job, we can now close each convict in its own cell.

skullywag

Just a quick code tidy pass:

"Cell Door" should be "CellDoor" as a defname.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

numen0r

how possible is it to make enemy factions try to break their imprisoned faction members out of jail OR negotiate their release for some silver as their main goal for attacking, instead of the standard kill-all-humans story?

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

HBKRKO619

That, my friend, is incredibly great :) I take it ^^