Upgrading the prison

Started by Leonpm94, February 01, 2015, 10:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonpm94

Right so was was thinking about the prison, I was thinking about they should implement a  system so you can make a prison area, maybe a big building and inside you can build individual cells with are door that can let them out into a room so they can eat together if you understand where I'm getting at. So maybe having doors that doesn't need a cononist key and can be accessed by anyone including prisoners, so this could be another door or a unlocked door

ManWithNoName

I like this idea something i thought about before to help combat the cabin fever, have cells and then a communal area/yard think i saw someone suggest prison camps before where they could even due light dutys. Be funny to use them as haulers ad watch them try and escape  ;D

Kagemusha

Imprisonment is meant to be short term in general.
A short time during which you either choose to release them (since they are undesirable) or recruit them.

Implementing extra systems in order to allow you to have prison labour would be unnecessary.

With regards to the OP: I think something as simple as a "prison door" would be very desirable. The ability to allow each prisoner to have their own cell and have access to a communal dining area would be a great addition.

That being said it's not that much of an issue to have a the mood penalty from sharing a room...except for the first day after the raid that got them captured. I've found that I have less issues with prisoners now since I am more selective in which prisoners I capture.

LordGoldFish

I am just saying: guys this is Rimworld not prison Architect XD
Why make a whole prison, when you can make a colony. :P
If you want to make a real prison, go play prison architect XD
No offense
LordGoldFish

Matthiasagreen

I think a possible solution would be changing prisoner's area from a toggle to a zone.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

ManWithNoName

@LordHytc - Who said anything about a real prison were asking if it would be possible for a communal area PA is about building and maintaining a prison Rimworld is about building a colony, and i dont know one colony that does not have a prison do you?

BetaSpectre

LOL I'd like a prison in my colony. And the ability to have forced labor.

The Brits, Spanards, and other Europeon colonists did the same to Blacks and Native Americas so why can't I?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Izzus

Build yourself some small 6x2 cubicles. Stick a bed, a light, and a turret in each one. Concrete floors. Make two or three with medical beds. Set all the beds to prisoner. Put the cubicles next to each other.

Anyone you don't recruit after 4 days is eaten.

Reptavian

It looks like a lot of you are missing the intent here, it is not to turn this game into a prison builder but just have a way of making the prisoners happier by not having cabin fever.  Well I saw this guy in a lets play release a prisoner and immediately recapture and it fixed the cabin fever, so hey yeah it is a bit micro-management but you do what you have to right?

Izzus

Quote from: Reptavian on February 04, 2015, 09:51:56 PM
It looks like a lot of you are missing the intent here, it is not to turn this game into a prison builder but just have a way of making the prisoners happier by not having cabin fever.  Well I saw this guy in a lets play release a prisoner and immediately recapture and it fixed the cabin fever, so hey yeah it is a bit micro-management but you do what you have to right?

I already said the answer to this. If you don't recruit them after 4 days, eat them.

My colony of cannibalistic cyborgs scoffs at raiders, by the way.

ManWithNoName

milon

Separate rooms: Build them just like colonist rooms, including doors. Mark the door as a dumping stock pile set to hold, say, apparel.  Critical priority. That will hold the door open so prisoners can walk through, but won't slow them down. And they'll be happy with their individual rooms.

Anti-Cabin Fever: Have another open door leading into an outdoor and walled-off area. If it's big enough it will count as Outdoors and disrupt cabin fever. Put the table and chairs there to encourage them to go outside.

Phos Hilaron

I like these ideas. But I would like it more if prisoners would convert a little more easily. "After all, we could have killed you, but we chose instead to have mercy. The least you could do is join us!" Either that, or have slave traders appear more often so I can sell the ungrateful prisoners and buy some more colonists! My colonies are always so small!