My Suggestions

Started by Goathead82, November 12, 2013, 01:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goathead82

I have been playing the pre-alpha for a few weeks, liking it so far. Here are a few items that i have come up with that I think would make the game better. I hope they are not all crap ideas!

• Add the ability to add/remove roofs
  • More Research - maybe in a tech tree type manner. My initial thought was 3 sections (security, economy, colony) each would have 2 lines that need to be researched in order. Giving a more distinct path to research and allowing the player to choose what to go for first. 
  • I would like to see some sort of bonus to environmental effects based on classes (i.e. Miners can handle being in dark, cramp spaces better ect.)
  • More events in the game
  • Allow full customization of characters when starting a new colony, unless playing Randy Random
  • Expand on the Inventory System. I think at a min colonist should get 1 Offensive Slot 1 Defensive Slot and 1 Utility Slot
                    Offensive: A Weapon
                    Defensive: Body Armor or possibly grenades
                    Utility: Something that assists with a core skill, building, repairing, mining etc.
  • One gripe I have is that idle colonist will 'wander' outside the home area when idle.
  • A way to dispose of dead bodies other than graves and cages.
  • An "alarm" mode where colonists will be drafter and go to a pre-defined location on the map, in preparation for raider defense
  • Improved pathing, so colonists take the fastest route, not going thru your giant pile of dumped debris
  • A game mode that lets you design pre-fabricated blueprints to use in any game for quick placement of common buildings
  • Not sure if this is a bug, but doors seem to attach to cactus's
  • Would be nice for power conservation if colonists would automatically turn off lamps that were not in use in side a room when they leave/turn on when they are inside/off when they go to bed.
  • More diverse wildlife, I would like to see some alien species, not a squirrel or (m)buffalo...Some species may attack onsite or if provoked.
  • Melee Weapons to improve melee damage

Galileus

90% of your ideas was already discussed or even confirmed to come. Please, use search function :)