[Suggestion/Idea] Brain damage and medical treatments

Started by mat, February 21, 2015, 04:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat

While i was playing the various alphas and release versions of rimworld I sometimes got prisoners and colonists with braindamage. I tried to figure out ways to make them more useful after that happened. Here are a few suggestions:

For all operation I would limit them to only work with glitterworld medicine, medical beds and a medic level of 10 or higher.

1.)   Brain surgeries: With the current system of people getting hurt by operations I could imagine an option to perform brain surgeries. Maybe add a random factor that even kills the people during the operation depending on the medic level of the performing person.
You could go as far, that the people even loose abilities even though the surgery went good. As example, they are not able to perform research or crafting, just “dumb” labour.

2.)   Brain replacement with the AI-Core: The resulting person should have great abilities, but in addition there is a slim chance he/she goes on a killing spree trying to exterminate all humans.

3.)   Brain transplantation: With the difference of biological age and chronical age, you could think of a separate “brainage” which occurs when a person’s brain is transplanted into another body. With a brain transplantation you put the whole character of one person into the other. You could go so far, that you transplant Brains into prisoners, which become normal colonists.
I could imagine that I would be funny to get a person with a brainage of 200 years, where the brain was passed over from one body to another over and over again.
Maybe add some deterioration related negative traits, which make it impossible to go on forever.
After a brain exchange I would also add a negative trait for 30-60 days something like “unknown body” which has impact on the efficiency of the person.

Coenmcj

Testing is currently over so there's not really a reason to be posting suggestions here mate, try the suggestions forum instead. :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite