Positive Psychic

Started by hector212121, March 28, 2015, 11:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

Why is it always HATRED that fills our sensitive minds? Why not occasionally have "good" psychic events, or maybe people who have the "Psychic Broadcast" trait and give everyone within 100 tiles a (Happiness-50)/2.5 modifier?

So you get a Broadcaster in your prison and use your warden to keep them thrilled... :)

Keychan

Sounds like someone's into mind-controlling and brainwashing.  Psychic events are suppose to be from some sort of human-mechanized or mechanoid being, most likely for war purposes, to send insanity and fear into living creatures.  They could have been abandoned or actively doing their jobs still for the sake of trying to kill you.  I dislike the idea of 'psychic' manipulation because it would be too easy to just brainwash everyone into being happy working zombies.  Maybe something simpler like a social butterfly trait to keep good conversations in the area active, but a large radius mood modifier from a single colonist seems too good.

The only thing I dislike is the hypersensitive psychic trait, because it's just annoying when something minor becomes too out of control with nothing to cover for it.  Supposedly there are tin foil hats for that, but I've never came across one.

hector212121

I was thinking more like making them unstressed, calming, soothing...and above all NOT GOING BATSHIT NUTS.

Basically, I have one guy with psychic(not tin) foil, one deaf...and one completely unprotected. He is not happy.

Also, the thing about the trait I suggested? It goes both ways. You can't afford for a Broadcaster to be  unhappy, because then they'll drag your WHOLE FUCKING COLONY down with them.

Keychan

The broadcaster trait would seem like a real hassle if you had multiple colonists with that trait.  Imagine the down spiral of your colony when two broadcaster's get upset for being hungry and tired with very high expectations.  It seems like an interesting trait though, but just seems out of place for those 30+ colonies.

hector212121

Make it rare, or make it so the closest broadcaster takes priority.

Or, you know, murder the crap out of all non-prisoner broadcasters. Because prisoners are SO FUCKING EASY TO PLEASE.