Three Things For A11

Started by Sir_Aroun, May 19, 2015, 06:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir_Aroun

Not only are all three points address here problems in their own right but they all contribute to the reason people using cheep and game ruin tactics like (turret hell) Killboxs.

1) Natural Population Growth: People just moving in is VERY rare. It be nice if beauty/art and wealth where merged into a "Prosperity"  stat for the colony that attracted more people to join. Right now natural population growth is very slow and wealth only has negative effects on your colony. 
2) Raids having Objectives:  Raid right now are less raids and more like Attacks. It is next to imposable to just survive a raid, you ether repeal the raid or lose the game. What be nice is if raids had objectives. Not only is this more like what raids really are but it make raid a LOT less lethal and more dynamic.
Here is some examples of Raids:

• Supply raid: raids try to get x amount of supplys (food and meds) then retreat
  • Wealth raid: same as supply raid but going for silver and gold instead of food and meds
  • Slave raid: raids try to kidnap as may people in a within time limit
  • Hit and Run raid: like current raids but with a time limit
  • Rescue raid: Raiders try to break out prisoners and leave with them
  • Siege raid*: raider of a faction currently besieging you attack until they lose to many people
  • Blood raid:  like current raids but bigger and only happening if your REALLY piss off a faction.
* not sure about this one
3) Embrasures, Towers and/or Battlements: That ability to defend the walls from the walls.

Keychan

The upcoming updates for Alpha 11 are more around making Rimworld a bit more hostile. If you're keeping up with the change logs you could see what's being worked on.

Alpha 11 has a lot coming in it as of planning.
*Routine hostile wolves who attack your colony
*Sappers, specialized enemy pawns whose job is to bomb and dig their way into your base
*Traps, traps everywhere
*Smarter enemies, some burn your crops when the opportunity comes
*More incidents

The game is slowly progressing and killbox solutions are slowly being made with sappers and improved AI. Embrasures support the killbox method even more, so saying you want them but without killboxes seems counter productive.  I do support a colony wealth/beauty/reputation = colonist joining though, but only if the colonist matches up with the reason. You have a very beautiful colony, artists or colonists with passion with art joins more often.

Crashy

8)This is something I would love to see more types of raids and mix in them sappers an you get an intease raid going on.
Nothing but a beginner modder. :D I hope I get to know you all well.

Sir_Aroun

Quote from: Keychan on May 19, 2015, 07:24:56 PM
The upcoming updates for Alpha 11 are more around making Rimworld a bit more hostile. If you're keeping up with the change logs you could see what's being worked on.

*Sappers, specialized enemy pawns whose job is to bomb and dig their way into your base
*Traps, traps everywhere
*More incidents

This have very little to do with anything I said, why bring it up? He is improving raids this alpha, which is why I bring up raid related improvements. Bring up that that he is doing so in this tread as a response is like saying air has oxygen in it when talking air quality in a city.
The game is slowly progressing and killbox solutions are slowly being made with sappers and improved AI. Embrasures support the killbox method even more, so saying you want them but without killboxes seems counter productive.
Ok, I get your point so maybe I should drop point 3
I do support a colony wealth/beauty/reputation = colonist joining though, but only if the colonist matches up with the reason. You have a very beautiful colony, artists or colonists with passion with art joins more often.
Why? That is totally illogical. It like say only painters have paintings in their homes. You don't need to be a artists (skill or passion) to what to live in a beautiful or prosperous place.

Sir_Aroun

Quote from: Sir_Aroun on May 19, 2015, 07:47:38 PM
Quote from: Keychan on May 19, 2015, 07:24:56 PM

*Traps, traps everywhere
*More incidents

This have very little to do with anything I said, why bring it up? He is improving raids this alpha, which is why I bring up raid related improvements. Bring up that he is doing so in this tread as a response is like saying air has oxygen in it when talking air quality in a city.
The game is slowly progressing and killbox solutions are slowly being made with sappers and improved AI. Embrasures support the killbox method even more, so saying you want them but without killboxes seems counter productive.
Ok, I get your point so maybe I should drop point 3
I do support a colony wealth/beauty/reputation = colonist joining though, but only if the colonist matches up with the reason. You have a very beautiful colony, artists or colonists with passion with art joins more often.
Why? That is totally illogical. It like say only painters have paintings in their homes. You don't need to be a artists (skill or passion) to what to live in a beautiful or prosperous place.

Adamiks

-1 for 1)
I have too many people right know.... So no.

+1 for 2) and 3).