Research idea - resource detector

Started by The_XaFFaX, November 27, 2013, 04:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_XaFFaX

Hi all again ;),

Another idea that I was thinking about and have not found it being discussed is a researchable technology that allows you to build resource detecting sensors. The idea is so that you can set up such a device in an underground tunnel, so that you can detect if there are resources nearby. That would make it easier to find them without digging through entire map. The device could be upgraded to increase sensor range and for example number of uses or type of resource it would find (as I understand that there will be more than just 1...).

What do you think?

Thanks!

windruf

i'd like a bigger version. expensive, longer to build, needs a few days to work and eats loads of energy, but when ready - i have all information about metal.
ok. a little overpowered  ;) maybe while it runs all boomrats will come and attack it. and if this radar is destroyed  you loose all data.

todofwar

I like it, especially if more resources are involved. A level of uncertainty would be cool too.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: windruf on November 27, 2013, 06:36:52 AM
i'd like a bigger version. expensive, longer to build, needs a few days to work and eats loads of energy, but when ready - i have all information about metal.
ok. a little overpowered  ;) maybe while it runs all boomrats will come and attack it. and if this radar is destroyed  you loose all data.

That sounds utterly terrible...

Unless you build it outside your base, on a double-walled concrete slab, with explosive charges set all around it. So the boomrats rush in, they attack the fortified, double-walled resource radara, and boom - all the boomrats on your map go kaboom at one instant.
Raiders must die!

Cyclops

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 27, 2013, 01:28:02 PM
Quote from: windruf on November 27, 2013, 06:36:52 AM

That sounds utterly terrible...

Unless you build it outside your base, on a double-walled concrete slab, with explosive charges set all around it. So the boomrats rush in, they attack the fortified, double-walled resource radara, and boom - all the boomrats on your map go kaboom at one instant.

That actually sounds pretty fun. Watching dozens of Boomrats run around on fire and then explode on their comrades... Would make a decent game mode.