Weird noise and small blue flash?

Started by Andrius, May 16, 2015, 09:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrius

Sometimes i hear a weird noise or a small blue flash. What does it mean ? Is that noise related to the blue flash ?  I don't always spot it but i do hear the noise.

Toggle

Do you mean getting messages? Check the right side of your screen for a blue envelope, click it. I'd think that would be it.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Andrius

No, not that, it's different sound. Also i can sometimes see a blue flash at the same time on one of my guys (i think). But it does not happen bery often. I played all day and it only happened a couple of times...

Frankenbeasley

Sounds like mineral mining or power construction to me.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

GamerGuy

userfredle

Lol im surprised non of you know what he means, Its the shields, they now have sounds, also pawns auto equip shields so they might have one without you knowing

Andrius

No no no. I literally played all day, like 10 hours. And i only heard it twice in that time. I heard so many mining and all the other regular sounds i know it's not it.

Well maybe it does have to do something with shields, but then again, i have like 5 shielded melee guys and it still doesn't happen very often. I'm sure it's not the shield going down sound. It could be shields recharging or something ? Will keep an eye on my shielded guys next time i play the game...

Kegereneku

There is a distinctive sound for the shield coming back on line.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Yomega13

Apophis

No, it must be when a pawn equips a new shield, and after a while the shield is powered up. I was confused about that sound as well for a while  :P It also happens with raiders that you incapacitate, if they are wearing a shield.

milon

Either that or else OP is going to need a new computer soon.  I once had the funny sound and strange blue flash problem, but that wasn't on the screen. ;)