Mods

Started by Bestusername15, July 06, 2015, 01:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bestusername15

What are some good mods to download? I've already downloaded project armory I would like suggestions :D

Shinzy

it all depends on what kind of extra content you like!
I'd recommend Apparello! it's creator is true genious and shining beacon in the night and the slighest bit egotistical but! the mod is still lovely (if if you like more clothing, that is!)

SlimeCrusher

I'm not a mods player (im a modder instead :p), but i suggest you take your time and browse through the "released" section in Mods, and download what you think you'll like. The variety of mods is HUGE, from simple mods that add 5 new weapons, to mods that add a whole new gameplay.

skullywag

Quote from: Shinzy on July 06, 2015, 05:39:51 AM
I'd recommend Apparello! it's creator is true genious and shining beacon in the night and the slighest bit egotistical but! the mod is still lovely (if if you like more clothing, that is!)

Ive heard other things about that guy....but im not one for gossip...

What things did you find missing in the base game, see if there are mods to plug those gaps.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Lonely Rogue

Quote from: skullywag on July 06, 2015, 06:28:15 AM
Quote from: Shinzy on July 06, 2015, 05:39:51 AM
I'd recommend Apparello! it's creator is true genious and shining beacon in the night and the slighest bit egotistical but! the mod is still lovely (if if you like more clothing, that is!

Ive heard other things about that guy....but im not one for gossip...

What things did you find missing in the base game, see if there are mods to plug those gaps.
Like my upcoming turret mod! I'll post a link at some point. I was just plugging a gap in gameplay... it's not even a very big one. But mutes the word, I don't want anyone to make it before me, I need practice. :]
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

kaptain_kavern

Follow the link in my sign ,) + both comments there (https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/363fsf/i_finally_broke_down_and_bought_this_a_couple/cracz7u?context=3)

Hope it'll help
(sry, i'm on my phone right now)

TimTumm

Mods I will not play without (in order of priority):
EdBModOrder
EdBInterface
Pawn State Icons
VeinMiner
ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering
Mending
Mad Skills

Mods I love (not in order)
LessIncidentTrolling
CrashLanding (basically fast-forwards the first 3 months)
Clutter
Miscellaneous_HiRes
MAI
MD2Base
MD2Driods
NeurotrainerCrafting
FastFloors
FloorLights
GGbutton
PowerSwitch

ItchyFlea

I generally only use my mods, but I have also used these mods in the past and liked them (listed in no particular order):

VeinMiner
EdBInterface
Xtra Plants (Doesn't look like it's been updated to A11)
Auto-hunt Beacon

I haven't tried the majority of mods that exist though, so there's probably a few out there that are absolute gold that I didn't link above.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

keylocke

i'm looking for a graphics pack mod. no new added content. just new art.

any suggestions?

skullywag

I think theres only one. Jabbamonkeys, dont know how up to date it is.

keylocke

skullywag

Yeah thats the one i had in mind.

christhekiller

I only use EdBs mods really. Nexus and Steam Workshop have spoiled me to the point that fiddling around in folders is just too much of a chore

butt3rz

Quote from: christhekiller on July 08, 2015, 05:35:01 AM
I only use EdBs mods really. Nexus and Steam Workshop have spoiled me to the point that fiddling around in folders is just too much of a chore

Drag and drop is hard.

RemingtonRyder

It's only fiddly if you use the default method of extracting the contents of zip files. I use 7-Zip, and when I extract files using the context menu I get a prompt and I just choose a destination folder in a drop-down list if I've extracted files there before. It can even handle multiple selected ZIP files in one go - Windows will prompt you for each. damn. ZIP. file.