Crackpot suggestions!

Started by Watcheka, December 14, 2013, 08:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Watcheka

These are just a few more ideas that I've had, they may be a little far-fetched but here goes nothing.
I've been thinking about a general direction for your colony, for lack of a better explanation. What if there were multiple ways to achieving a successful colony? Be it the route of trading locally/through ships, exploration(Will expand upon more) or even through being a band of raiders yourself. The exploration/raiding play on another idea of mine, one I got from one of the prototypes, to keep combat fresh add in "instanced zones" I say that for again lack of a better explanation, but random events that pop up for example a traveler comes by and you pick them up after recruiting them a chat dialogue pops up, something along the lines of "Such and such has been talking of colony x and their plentiful supplies, would you like to go check it out?" If you accept it takes you to a small random zone where you haven't had the chance to strip cover/create a kill box. Or for the exploration it follows the same lines, a new random zone that can be filled with materials or with ravenous muffalo. A small addition which I'm not to sure about, once you've decided the route for your colony they adjust to it, so say if you chose to trade and later decide to start raiding, it would effect your colonists to go from simple trader to blood thirsty pillager.

palandus

An interesting idea indeed.

Go raid the raiders :)