Option to Accept or Reject Wanderer joining events

Started by Euzio, June 30, 2015, 05:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Euzio

Basically its simple, when we get the event that a Wanderer wants to join, we can choose to either accept or reject him. If rejected, the wanderer simply hangs around like a tourist then leaves.

I do think this would be a nice option to have rather than having the game force a person on us. Especially when the RNG gods are feeling funny and throw a 70+ year old wanderer with dementia, frail, bad back, old injuries and all manners of negatives that we don't exactly want for our colony.

JimmyAgnt007

+1 I agree.

That being said, just arrest and sell/eat them after harvesting their organs.  If your colony is happy enough then the negative mood mods wont impact it too much.

Jimyoda

You don't realize what a gift that is - you've got a perfectly good opportunity to level up on melee.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Lonely Rogue

This would just make it optional. Anyone who wants to use the wanderers could just always accept.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Grubfist

Once or twice I've arrested them. But I try to protect the frail old people that join. I mean, they can at least clean okay!

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Euzio

Perhaps make it similar to the Rescue event. They radio in requesting to join and we are given a few basic info. Slightly more info than what we get from the Rescue Event since the Wanderer join event will be more like an application to join the colony than an emergency one.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: Euzio on July 10, 2015, 04:40:47 AM
Perhaps make it similar to the Rescue event. They radio in requesting to join and we are given a few basic info. Slightly more info than what we get from the Rescue Event since the Wanderer join event will be more like an application to join the colony than an emergency one.

You know, That would make sense. Think about it. If you were to have a colony would you allow some stranger just to show up. not even explain what he/she was doing and help/eat your food?

So this is deffinately +1 material.
Claims to know most things.

ctgill

Quote from: Jimyoda on June 30, 2015, 10:37:25 AM
You don't realize what a gift that is - you've got a perfectly good opportunity to level up on melee.

There's now coffee on my keyboard. Thank you.
Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land.".

Kaballah

How can you complain about meals that deliver themselves?

b0rsuk

I think when you reject a colonist, it should worsen your relation with the Spacer faction. Then subsequent colonists who might join are harder to recruit. This includes crash landing people.

JesterBlue

Quote from: b0rsuk on July 29, 2015, 11:42:08 AM
I think when you reject a colonist, it should worsen your relation with the Spacer faction. Then subsequent colonists who might join are harder to recruit. This includes crash landing people.

May be they'll stop crashing their ships? :p

b0rsuk

Quote from: JesterBlue on July 29, 2015, 11:52:38 PM
Quote from: b0rsuk on July 29, 2015, 11:42:08 AM

May be they'll stop crashing their ships? :p

Maybe not. But they will have more recruitment difficulty.
Also, it would be interesting if survivors you don't care about were sometimes rescued by other factions. Maybe tribals show up and take them in. Then when tribals attack, they get an extra attacker. It would be pretty funny seeing a guy with a survival rifle supporting a tribal attack.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: b0rsuk on July 30, 2015, 01:43:31 AM- Snippet from b0rsuk's last post -

That would be  pretty interesting...
Claims to know most things.