Can't kill Poison Ship Part

Started by TimTumm, September 29, 2015, 05:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimTumm

This thing landed right in the middle of my base.  I have 5 "steel improvised turrent" withing range.  I lined up my 8 colonists, and within 30 seconds kill all 3 guards.  7 colonists shooting + the 5 turrets + 1 melee guy cannot take 1 hitpoint away from the actual Poison Ship in half a day.  The melee guy isn't even doing his melee animation.  How do I kill it?

BetaSpectre

Dev mode + Delete
Make a roof above the ship part, then collapse.
Place explosives. I.E. Turrets and blow them up.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

TimTumm

Hmmm. Are you saying all Poison ship are bugged, or just this one (I do have 20+ mods)?

BetaSpectre

Haven't played the game in like a year so I'm just saying what I'd do lol.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

TLHeart

No poison ships are not bugged in vanilla. Sounds like a mod problem.

Dante King

Is colonist damage disabled? If so turn it off, it disables colonist's damaging ANYTHING

zandadoum

TimTumm

Thanks guys.  I did what BetaSpector said, and it worked. Sadly I got no loot, but the game goes on. 

I know I play weird, but I want to see everything!

milon

You deleted it via Dev mode, or crushed it? Because I didn't think you could crush them anymore (I don't think roof will form over it).

zandadoum

Quote from: milon on September 30, 2015, 12:52:48 PM
You deleted it via Dev mode, or crushed it? Because I didn't think you could crush them anymore (I don't think roof will form over it).
roof collapsing on ships still works. a12d

TimTumm

I deleted it via dev mode.  The last time a roof collapsed on a ship for me (accident - I was doing the burn everything inside trick), it destroyed all the loot anyway.

Oragepoilu

If you use the explosion tool instead, you should get some drop next time.

LouisTBR

Can I just be an annoying rule nerd for a minute and tell you that this should be in the bugs thread. As this is technically a bug as a general function isn't working as intended and the dev console needs to be used to fix it.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

TLHeart

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on October 08, 2015, 12:34:12 PM
Can I just be an annoying rule nerd for a minute and tell you that this should be in the bugs thread. As this is technically a bug as a general function isn't working as intended and the dev console needs to be used to fix it.

No it does not go in the bug section, since it is a modded game.