[MOD REQUEST] raid/manhunter down scaling

Started by zandadoum, November 26, 2015, 12:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zandadoum

hello,

like i mentioned in other posts today: i have an older computer. most components updated, but motherboard and CPU quite old (i7 920)

i like to make bigger colonies and everything goes smooth... until something like today: 240+ warg manhunter pack.
PC basically died. game went into "not responding" and didn't come alive again until a while later. all turrets were lost and a 3rd of the wargs had died and now i could "somewhat" play again.

thing is... i'd like the game be more intelligent about the computer system it is installed on and scale down stuff. or at the very least, have a slider option or something to limit the amount of AI objects on screen.

also: maybe instead having only one way of increasing difficulty = sending MORE of the SAME... i'd rather have less enemies, but stronger. like a few super wargs or whatever.

so... would any of this be possible with a mod?

Toggle

It would be possible I assume to make harder enemies and change how raiding works, although I don't know of anyone working on it or that have. It's been considered and I assume it's something that will be added in the future to Rimworld, but probably not for some months. Having the game more intelligent about the system and having a slider for it and such? Not really happening. It'll probably have the amount changed though in the future as I said for harder enemies.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

RawCode

zerg rush is major issue, especially late game, when 999 tribals come and you just can't hold them cos colonists need sleep and go crazy if you not letting them.