Your favorite backstory?

Started by LeoTessa, March 17, 2016, 03:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoTessa

Please be specific, no "I like the ones that do not disable hauling" type of answers please

Chess master, no bad traits and +4 social +2 resesr h is decent imo

Fallen prodigy Construction: +2
Growing: +2
Research: +5
Social: -3
Medicine: +3
Crafting: +2
No warderning is acceptable

Hive world child
Growing: +1
Research: +1
Shooting: +3
Artistic: +1
Crafting: +1
But no firefighting :/

Winerunner
Melee: +2
Social: +2
Cooking: +2
Crafting: +2
No bad buffs :D

Colony settler
Construction: +4
Growing: +4
Mining: +4
No bad buffs either :D

There are more, but these are my favorites, how about everyone?

mumblemumble

I think I saw one in the early versions, which was a farmstead boy, growing up to be a crazed butcher psychopath.

Very, very interesting, but sadly pacifism was given for his early days, yet not taken away from becoming a crazed butcher, and the butcher part disabled literally everything else, so despite having 20 melee skill, he couldn't fight... still a funny story.

I think the details were something like, he saw his favorite pet killed, lost it and hacked up the entire farm...
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

cultist

I prefer the simple ones that leave a bit to the imagination and don't shoe-horn the colonist too heavily into a certain role/character. Colony settler, Deep space miner, Bartender, Hive world Child etc. I do like some of the backer backstories, but others are just kind of silly or feel a little out of place in the setting. And while I understand that the co-existence of medievel and glitterworld planets is just how the setting is, I always find myself unable to come up with a reason a medieval slave would ever find themselves on a spaceship.

erdrik

Quote from: cultist on March 17, 2016, 05:20:41 PM
... I always find myself unable to come up with a reason a medieval slave would ever find themselves on a spaceship.
Seems to me that lower tech communities would be the perfect place for that.
A space based slaver would have a pretty large advantage in knowledge and tech to convince and control the selling price.

RoboticManiac

I find the urb-world stories interesting. It'd be neat if they were fleshed out even more.