Advertising Youtuber sugestion

Started by Listy, March 27, 2016, 02:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listy

A while back there was a thread asking for Youtuber suggestions to get exposure for the game, that thread seems to have gone into the depths. So a quick suggestion now that Tynan is back and working on the game. I originally held off as the six month break might have transmitted the wrong appearance to an outsider.

Nerd3
https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialNerdCubed

He has 2.5 million subscribers, a loving of indie games, especially creative management games, along with praise for games that have lots of mod support.
He also has a rule about paid early access, in that he'll only feature it if there's enough game now at the point of payment so that if development stops then the customer has a game left. Seeing as I've been playing this for a good two years solid I think you tick that one.

He also has a series called Completes, which is currently doing Fallout 4, but I can see that coming to an end in the not to distant future. Might want to see if he wants to replace it with Rimworld.

Anyway just a thought.

Bastobasto

Only to say,there is a lot of youtuber,not all english that do rimworld video.
But 2.5 million is a lot for a indie game lover I think. Its good to see that people like indie game.

Dran

I found out about this game through Sips and he has a decent following as well. Really it matters what kind of audience you have. Sips is a really good at making a story up on the spot so Rimworld really suits him and his audience in general. Never heard of Nerd3 but I would suggest just posting your suggestion on their reddit pages if you wanna get them to play a game you like.

GuesUserNameGUN

Quote from: Dran on April 04, 2016, 06:13:23 PM
I found out about this game through Sips and he has a decent following as well. Really it matters what kind of audience you have. Sips is a really good at making a story up on the spot so Rimworld really suits him and his audience in general. Never heard of Nerd3 but I would suggest just posting your suggestion on their reddit pages if you wanna get them to play a game you like.
Sips has already played it, but its changed alot, so he might consider trying again

Yonan

Quill18 has done a few good series.  I missed Sips doing one, I'll have to go dig it up.  I love the magnificent bastard and this is right up his alley.  The youtubers/streamers I watch most (TB/Dodger/Strippin/Jesse/Crendor/Hat Films/other Yogs) tend not to lets-play games like this sadly though a TB review at launch would be really good no doubt but he's reduced his output sadly.  Genna Bain (TBs missus) might get into it as iirc she likes sandbox games but she doesn't upload gameplay much.

As for paid brand deals, any of them would bring good coverage.  Even Hat Films streams Cities Skylines sometimes (swapping perspectives in each of their single player games) and they've started streaming games solo at times too.  Jesse, Crendor or Dodger would probably be the best bet though - Jesse now especially that he's not with Maker Studios and would need to source his own deals.

GuesUserNameGUN

not sure which update it was, but i remember it was the update where wood was introduced. so pretty old.