Shooting bonuses.

Started by GarettZriwin, May 16, 2016, 05:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GarettZriwin

Right now there are many penalties to shooting, I think there should be some bonuses too except bionic Übersoldiers.

1. Medium cover bonus - placing LMG on sandbags or table should give much more accurate fire than rambo-style full auto.

2. Flat bonus to hit chance for very skilled pawns, 0.05% less penalty rarely helps vs so many penalties.

If you have more ideas post them, just remember they should be simple(So no crouching or going prone bevause medium cover becomes full etc.).

hector212121

Quote from: GarettZriwin on May 16, 2016, 05:36:23 AM
Right now there are many penalties to shooting, I think there should be some bonuses too except bionic Übersoldiers.

1. Medium cover bonus - placing LMG on sandbags or table should give much more accurate fire than rambo-style full auto.

2. Flat bonus to hit chance for very skilled pawns, 0.05% less penalty rarely helps vs so many penalties.

If you have more ideas post them, just remember they should be simple(So no crouching or going prone bevause medium cover becomes full etc.).

Actually, the shooter accuracy is per tile. 99 vs 99.05 is a 1% accuracy difference at 20 tiles.

How about a "Target Exposed" bonus, when you're in cover and the enemy isn't?

SpaceDorf

I think that is allready in the engine.
In the way that pawns get a to-hit penalty when the enemy is in cover .. so no cover means easier to hit :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Chibiabos

How about a target speed debuff?  Targets that are stationary should be easier to hit versus a target that is moving, and a frail pegleg should be easier to hit than a target with bionic legs.
Proud supporter of Rimworld since α7 (October 2014)!

SuperCaffeineDude

Quote from: Chibiabos on May 16, 2016, 10:08:44 PM
How about a target speed debuff?  Targets that are stationary should be easier to hit versus a target that is moving, and a frail pegleg should be easier to hit than a target with bionic legs.

I think that one is a bit odd, as there seems to be no dodge stat, I believe that the shooter's bullet has a chance to hit his/her target's tile based on his/her accuracy(-target cover). So currently due to design (i think) moving to another tile when you're being fired on by a weapon that sprays is (i think) more dangerous. This could just be my experience, but I tend to find it safer to stand still when fired on by a minigun unless I'm able to tuck dudes out of sight, it seems the risk is far heavier on those surrounding the target tile, I could be talking out my butt though  :P

I think maybe a trainable dodge stat should be used when a projectile travels through the target's tile, so the projectiles can miss in a tighter cone, and veteran troops are (literally) more likely to come out of a firefight/dual intact. So if bullet passes through a pawns tile, the pawn rolls dodge, and the pawn manages to duck the bullet ignores that pawn and flies onward.