Manned turrets

Started by Sion, April 10, 2014, 02:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

This suggestion might be a project for Project Armory?

It would be cool to build a kind of larger turret, but it doesn't fire automatically, you have to put 1 (or 2 ) drafted colonists in it for it to work, the main feature with this turret is that you can manually aim it, even at mad squirrels, but the main drawback is that you cant move it.

It would look like this:

Good: It would do a lot of damage, doesn't explode.
Both: Manual target, takes damage when shoot at but acts as cover for the colonist.
Bad: not movable, needs 1 colonist.

bursts? or more like a gigantic shotgun?

In the 2 people version of the turret the second person would act as a bullet feeder/loader.
I'm thinking of this type of gun:

It's hard to find good pictures when you don't know the name of what you are looking for...

Good: medium damage, movable, large bursts, large magazine, doesn't explode.
Both: Manual target, some cover but less than above, takes damage like above.
Bad: medium reload, medium aim, 2 people needed (1 person = 50% fire rate, or something).
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Cala13er

I'm actually working on this as part of my upcoming Weapons + mod!

Also working on making some turrets use shells and missiles :)

Towely_ban

why not just allow colonists to man un-powered sentry turrets as they are now? The downside is if you retreat it stops firing unless it has power and they generally explode at some point of a heated battle so anyone manning it gets a nice firepower boost but also a chance at a gory death.

guken9922

christhekiller

How about a manned turret that as a very large burst of fire, much larger than any other guns in vanilla RimWorld. But it has an equally large reload time or time between the two bursts. And with a second person on the turret it would reduce the time it took to reload the gun.

Viceroy

Dog goes moo!