Cooking table problems.

Started by Dead_End_Road, February 26, 2014, 03:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead_End_Road

Ok so I've set up a cooking table with 9999 range have potatoes and meat next to it and all my people set to 1 cooking and have the bill set to make simple meals and its powered, but none of them will make a meal. Is this just a problem I'm having have I missed something or what?  :(

Tynan

All I can think of is that something might be forbidden. The food or table maybe? That, or you've got other stuff set to priority 1 and they're doing that instead.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Dead_End_Road

Quote from: Tynan on February 26, 2014, 03:42:26 PM
All I can think of is that something might be forbidden. The food or table maybe? That, or you've got other stuff set to priority 1 and they're doing that instead.
I don't have the choice to cook or butcher mechanoids and there not filling up the hoppers either if that helps narrow it down. It doesn't show there is anyway to make the cooking table forbidden.

keylocke

wait, do i need hoppers to use the cooking table? i'm having problems making it work too.

----
off-topic :
btw, is there no option to sell meat ? (human meat in particular)
i realized there's some negative moodlets involved when eating it, so now i've got a huge surplus of human meat. it's a waste to just burn them all. lol

Dead_End_Road

I started a new colony and its seems to have fixed its self but still something that should be looked into or something I dunno.

keylocke

also, i think i might've figured out the problem. i have a nutrient paste dispenser and a cooking table. so this might be why the "cook" just keeps hauling raw food to the hopper rather than actually cooking at the cooking stove.  :-\

Tynan

Quote from: keylocke on February 26, 2014, 05:46:06 PM
also, i think i might've figured out the problem. i have a nutrient paste dispenser and a cooking table. so this might be why the "cook" just keeps hauling raw food to the hopper rather than actually cooking at the cooking stove.  :-\

He should do both, if he has time. If not, it's a bug.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Semmy

Keep in check that your cook needs to be of a certain level for the different meals.

Also make sure you have the ingredients.
Also make sure the priority for cooking is above the priority for hauling.

If still nothing happens make a bug report on the forums and please provide us with info and a savegame.
Thank you very much.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

keylocke

Quote from: Semmy on February 26, 2014, 05:58:57 PM
Keep in check that your cook needs to be of a certain level for the different meals.

ah! the cook needs to have higher cooking skills? ok, maybe that's the reason. i didn't notice it earlier. that's probably the reason it finally worked when i added the other meal types (while turning the nutrient paste machine off at the same time seems to be just coincidental. lol)