I can not generate a world...

Started by gameboy2202, September 28, 2016, 07:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameboy2202

I do not know if I installed something wrong or it just doesn't work for me but I have tried multiple things, checked folders, and it just doesn't work... if someone can help please do. Thank you.

carbon

So what exactly happens when you hit the 'Generate' button? Freeze, crash, error message?

gameboy2202

it just does not work. I press it thinks for a bit and then brings me back to the generating screen where you can pick your seed and stuff. TBH I think I might not even have the right version or something now because it said something about free something once and it doesn't give me the option to load a world also there is a turorial. But I do not know and that is why I am here.

Calahan

Can you please post your log file as an attachment. Details on where to find it can be found in the following thread.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

And are you running the Steam version?

gameboy2202

it is not the steam version but that is what I though it was suppose to be... I do not know if I have to install it to steam or something and if I do let me know but I believe that is what I downloaded. I just looked. I have the api dll for steam or whatever but like I said I do not know how to install that or if I even have to.

Calahan

Quote from: gameboy2202 on September 28, 2016, 10:36:49 PM
it is not the steam version but that is what I though it was suppose to be... I do not know if I have to install it to steam or something and if I do let me know but I believe that is what I downloaded. I just looked. I have the api dll for steam or whatever but like I said I do not know how to install that or if I even have to.
When and where did you purchase the game? (Edit - And it still helps to post your log file whether or not you are running the Steam version)

gameboy2202

I purchased it off the website, I do not know when but I was trying to update and this happened. what exactly do you mean by log file

gameboy2202

sorry to had wasted your time, I re downloaded it and it worked. I appreciate you trying to help so much but once again I am sorry for wasting your time, thank you.

Calahan

No worries, just happy to hear you managed to get the game working properly. Happy RimWorlding :)