New Content Ideas

Started by devin25486, March 18, 2014, 10:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devin25486

Hey guys!!! Ok, now here's my award winning idea for some new content. First I was thinking, I really like the character art of a certain raider, and this lead me to two really cool Ideas.
So here they are.

1. Simple, you can already customize the name, skills, and traits... Why not be able to also do some pre colony character design of your own???

2. Not so simple, ok my original Idea was this... I need some way to incapacitate raiders and not kill them soooo. Maybe some TAZERS!!! or a tazer strip like the swat use ( It's a remote controlled tazer that sits in a corner or door way and makes the officer not have to be in the line of fire... http://static.neatorama.com/images/2010-01/taser-shockwave.jpg There's a pic for ya...)

If you would like to see this in the game please comment and let the owner know (Sorry dude I can't think of ur name :P ) so that he can work on one of the 2... or maybe both!!!

I would really like to see what kind of stratigies you would need to come up w/ to capture the raider though, that would be fun to watch many fails on youtube XD

Semmy

Nice ideas.
Moved topic to suggestions
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

emraldilian

I'm pretty sure both of those ideas have been suggested already. The first is good and does seem simple.

The second however, I personally don't think we need to get more people with slave trade, passers by, what raider incaps we can already get, and the random colonist or two joining in.

devin25486

Nice to see that this is getting some attention :D

fervour

I like the idea of having a tazer but perhaps as a late game element.

In my one play through I found I could sell prisoners to slave traders, I was so keen on this idea that I put together a whole business scheme. When I sold my first slave the rest of my colony didn't seem to happy. If only I could be the bad guy sometimes right?

devin25486

Quote from: fervour on March 19, 2014, 04:01:21 PM
I like the idea of having a tazer but perhaps as a late game element.

In my one play through I found I could sell prisoners to slave traders, I was so keen on this idea that I put together a whole business scheme. When I sold my first slave the rest of my colony didn't seem to happy. If only I could be the bad guy sometimes right?
XD Yea... the realy hate when you execute or sell prisoners... Maybe there will be less unhappiness for do that sort of thing to raiders...

ITypedThis

I like your ideas very much. More customization in games never hurts, in my opinion.

I do however think, that the tazers and tazer strips should have a fair chance of failure, so that there is some risk involved in using them, as well as a semi-reduced effectiveness when attempting to capture raiders. I think this would be rather necessary for balance reasons and so that one could not simply end up having 50+ colonists.  :P

devin25486

Quote from: ITypedThis on March 24, 2014, 10:56:12 PM
I like your ideas very much. More customization in games never hurts, in my opinion.

I do however think, that the tazers and tazer strips should have a fair chance of failure, so that there is some risk involved in using them, as well as a semi-reduced effectiveness when attempting to capture raiders. I think this would be rather necessary for balance reasons and so that one could not simply end up having 50+ colonists.  :P
Xd Yea... Maybe you have to be like 1-5 squares away from them... but tazers are ment to incapacitate, so I don't think their current health would matter (Maybe it depends on how long their out cold XD) But ever w/ my colony... I have alot of people, and food was a huge issue... and where  I built my base is becoming difficult to manage space XDDD Here's a picture of it :D

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ITypedThis

Quote from: devin25486 on March 27, 2014, 12:06:05 AMXd Yea... Maybe you have to be like 1-5 squares away from them... but tazers are ment to incapacitate, so I don't think their current health would matter (Maybe it depends on how long their out cold XD) But ever w/ my colony... I have alot of people, and food was a huge issue... and where  I built my base is becoming difficult to manage space XDDD Here's a picture of it :D

I think 1-5 squares sounds fair. But having health not matter is what concerns me in regards to balance. In theory, one could just send a colonist up to a raider with nothing but a tazer and instantly incapacitate him/her with a single shot. I think it should have some restrictions in this regard.

Personally, I agree with the argument that if one can successfully maintain a colony, they should be able to do so without restriction. However, I think that if a tazer were to be implemented in such a state, a colony's population could skyrocket with relative ease, and could be used to rapidly produce more and more food to meet the growing needs, or simply be used to march an army of colonists against a hoard of raiders and ultimately crush them. Therefor, I think that a tazer should be rather limited, as I've said. ;)

Heh. Wouldn't be the first time one of my colonies suffered from starvation. At one point, I literally had people dying of starvation in their beds. :(

devin25486

Quote from: ITypedThis on March 27, 2014, 07:29:01 PM
Quote from: devin25486 on March 27, 2014, 12:06:05 AMXd Yea... Maybe you have to be like 1-5 squares away from them... but tazers are ment to incapacitate, so I don't think their current health would matter (Maybe it depends on how long their out cold XD) But ever w/ my colony... I have alot of people, and food was a huge issue... and where  I built my base is becoming difficult to manage space XDDD Here's a picture of it :D

I think 1-5 squares sounds fair. But having health not matter is what concerns me in regards to balance. In theory, one could just send a colonist up to a raider with nothing but a tazer and instantly incapacitate him/her with a single shot. I think it should have some restrictions in this regard.

Personally, I agree with the argument that if one can successfully maintain a colony, they should be able to do so without restriction. However, I think that if a tazer were to be implemented in such a state, a colony's population could skyrocket with relative ease, and could be used to rapidly produce more and more food to meet the growing needs, or simply be used to march an army of colonists against a hoard of raiders and ultimately crush them. Therefor, I think that a tazer should be rather limited, as I've said. ;)

Heh. Wouldn't be the first time one of my colonies suffered from starvation. At one point, I literally had people dying of starvation in their beds. :(
Yea that's never good XDDD I think that the tazer idea is fare because this is a couple of things you could do for balance

1. The raiders will see you comming from a mile away, so that leads to pre-emtive attacks, which leads to a bad situation if your colony is already under distress.

2. Limit one tazer per colony, no explination needed XDDD

3. Tazers have been outlawed throughout space for their deadly efficiency, therefore (Maybe in a future update) smuggling ships would be able to come by and for an exorbitant amount of money you can buy some, (Smuggling ships would be extra rare thoug)

So what do you think of those balance iders???

ITypedThis

Quote from: devin25486 on March 27, 2014, 08:42:37 PM
Yea that's never good XDDD I think that the tazer idea is fare because this is a couple of things you could do for balance

1. The raiders will see you comming from a mile away, so that leads to pre-emtive attacks, which leads to a bad situation if your colony is already under distress.

3. Tazers have been outlawed throughout space for their deadly efficiency, therefore (Maybe in a future update) smuggling ships would be able to come by and for an exorbitant amount of money you can buy some, (Smuggling ships would be extra rare thoug)

I think your ideas are quite fair. I would be quite happy to see a tazer implemented within those parameters. :)

devin25486

Quote from: ITypedThis on March 27, 2014, 09:51:00 PM
Quote from: devin25486 on March 27, 2014, 08:42:37 PM

I think your ideas are quite fair. I would be quite happy to see a tazer implemented within those parameters. :)
Thumbs up for covincing you XDDD

ITypedThis

Quote from: devin25486 on March 28, 2014, 02:57:05 PMThumbs up for covincing you XDDD

Haha! Thumbs up to you for the great idea. :)

devin25486

Quote from: ITypedThis on March 28, 2014, 05:06:26 PM
Quote from: devin25486 on March 28, 2014, 02:57:05 PMThumbs up for covincing you XDDD

Haha! Thumbs up to you for the great idea. :)
:D Now if we can get Tynan to see this!!!