Asexuality

Started by fetusthebard, November 11, 2016, 06:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thyme

Yeah, even tho it might not be Tynans idea of cheap feature. Except being a joy activity: "Distracting my lover for a kiss!" +8% Joy, +3 mood

My friend (+boss at that time) thought a quickie during work boosts work performance more than the time it costs, so he was ok with that sort of thing. I can confirm, it helped quite a bit. Might backfire as well.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

mumblemumble

Hahaha, well I've never been BRAZEN enough to try something at work, nor have I had a chance, but I know day dreaming about a GF can lower productivity...that would be a funny effect to emulate actually, daydreaming, and a 50% less consciousness.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

fetusthebard

Quote from: MarvinKosh on November 13, 2016, 04:36:09 PM
Attractiveness is scored from the point of view of each pawn. You can see the score by turning on dev mode.
Yes, according to the debug they have a lowest score of 39% and therefore should "get some lovin'" by a couple days at most.
I did notice that someone else was more attractive to him though, does attraction to other pawns affect the chance? The debug menu says no, but in-game experience says either this is the case, or there is a hidden asexuality trait. It sort of makes sense if the attraction to other paws affects it, because my colonist and the person he is more attracted to have been in the colony together for 6 or 7 years as opposed to them being together 5. The timing works is what I mean.
Quote from: ReZpawner on November 16, 2016, 10:22:23 AM
I still stand by what I said, snowflake. You want to be special, that's fine. Be special in your own little special safe place, instead of trying to nag the rest of the planet to cater to your every whim. You wonder why people are fed up with SJW's? It's because of this crap. "Give me all I want and let me play out my own fantasies or I'll write a hitpiece on you".
Please go read the OP. I do not want this to turn into a conversation about whether or not certain identities exist, and I am NOT suggesting Tynan "change the game" even in the slightest way. I'm here to question whether asexuality in-game exists, and it does seem to. It seems to be a hidden variable, like bisexuality. I'm not writing a hit-piece, I'm here, on the game's forums, discussing something already in the game. Once we get a concrete variable or reason this is happening, we will let you know.

RemingtonRyder

I can tell you that I have a married couple in Veraville who aren't interested in lovin' but one of them isn't very attracted to the other.

I don't see anything in the JobGiver (apparently lovin is a job, go figure) which would indicate that there's asexuality as an in-game thing, hidden or otherwise. Sorry.

Bob_Namg

The reason there aren't Tumblrisms and degenerate doo-dads in the game is because they add nothing of value and do not improve the game nor make it more entertaining. 

Well I suppose a colonist pretending to be mayonnaise and flirting with the food dispenser and an automatic wooden door WOULD be entertaining but the medium for representation of such a ridiculous event isn't sufficient so it would be better left alone.

I do however agree that there should be a modifier for a pawn that never seems to want to bang as it eliminates the good time modifier thus influencing the game in a subtle but potentially significant manner in terms of the relationships mechanic.

Also this goes in suggestions, T B H family shakes my head smacks lips robs a liquor store gets arrested for tax evasion and says SHIIEEETTT as loud as possible
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

mumblemumble

Why waste time with a TRAIT when the EFFECT exists anyways?
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

fetusthebard

I have no idea why people continue to think this is a suggestion. Please, for the love of Christ, read the OP!

mumblemumble

Quote from: fetusthebard on November 19, 2016, 11:30:53 PM
I have no idea why people continue to think this is a suggestion. Please, for the love of Christ, read the OP!
While most on ludeon are great, there are the very occasional users who don't bother to fully read posts or consider ideas before rejecting them.

Such is anywhere, though

-----