Pawn Bleeding but Won't Heal

Started by malloc, October 19, 2016, 02:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malloc

Save and Log attached.  I doubt the mods the cause but just in case running with Wildlife Tab, EPOE, Colony Manager, Vein Miner, Hand Me That Brick, Quality Builder and Crash Landing.

Engie got shot by a Scythe on the far side of the map.  His thumb was shot off at this time.  I sent him home with the instruction to Rest Until Healed.  I didn't see what happened precisely as he returned to base as I was managing the other snipers but shortly later he was walking away from the med beds but his name was still red.  I tried to send him to Rest Until Healed again but it said he was Not Injured.  His health tab showed Bleeding 7.5% but the other injury was gone and the missing thumb no longer had the blood icon.  He continued his normal activities for the day until he got tired and went to bed.  There were no red + signs showing any healing going on.  Pain showed Low and he had a negative buff for the pain.  This stayed that way until I exited and reloaded while creating the save for this post.  Upon reloading he's fine other than the missing thumb.  No bleeding, no pain.

If I had to guess how to recreate this bug it would be a race condition with a missing limb self-healing while being treated.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

nccvoyager

I had something similar happen in a vanilla game.
Pawn got shot by a scyther at range, undrafted and sent to medical bed.
Unsure what happened next; was focused on the fight just as the OP was.
Received a "fully healed" notice for the pawn.
Later, received an "extreme illness" warning for the pawn.
Pawn had 95% blood loss, but no wounds.
Could not force to rest.
Dev mode "heal" tool also did nothing.
No in-game log errors recorded.
No output_log file errors recorded.
Saving and reloading removed the issue, resulting in useless saved game.
Have been attempting to reliably recreate; unable to.

malloc

It happened again this time the loss of a finger by Timber Wolf Revenge.  By the time he walked across the snowy map to the medical bed it self-healed but left the bleeding 7.5% in place.  Screenshot attached.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Illusion Distort

EPOE might be doing something to the bleeding, causing this wierd behaviour.

Are all the mods updated ad compatible with the current version you are running?
Output_log file might help if you have it.

malloc

The only log I have is from the first post.  You're right EPOE could be the cause.  I'm back to vanilla on the A16 branch for the moment so if it happens again I'll update.

nccvoyager

It should be noted that when I have seen this happen, I was always playing vanilla.
I saved the game, checked the in-game log, and looked for an output_log.
No output_log information was logged, the in-game dev log had no information, and the issue disappeared when the saved game was reloaded.

Edit: All of the above said, I have no idea how to reliably reproduce this!

The first time, I didn't see what happened; I became aware of the issue when a pawn had "severe illness - blood loss" even though they had fully healed from a gunshot on the health page, and there were no "bleeding" wounds anywhere there.

The second time, a pawn that I prioritized the healing of (gunshot to the head) continued bleeding, even after the wound had been bandaged, and fully healed.
However, the "blood loss rate" was 0 the whole time, even though the "blood loss" hediff was increasing in severity.