[A16] Replacing wall with cooler refunds more resources than used

Started by Cheet4h, December 15, 2016, 05:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheet4h

I just found this during normal gameplay and could reproduce it without a problem. If I replace a built (stone) wall with a cooler, the wall "drops" ~8 resources while it only costs 5 to build.
On the first occurence it brought me 8 resources, on the second 9.

To reproduce:
1. Build wall.
2. Replace wall with cooler.

I attached a savegame where I just built a granite wall and ordered it to be replaced by a cooler. A couple of seconds after unpausing the pawn closest to it will start construction on the cooler and demonstrate the bug.

A bit unrelated, but I don't want to open a new thread for this: Will the savegame folder be moved back to /Locallow/Ludeon Studeos/RimWorld at release? I don't want to move my symlinks now if I would need to restore them during the next days/weeks >_>

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Calahan

Can I please ask you to confirm the exact version number this bug is occurring with (I don't have access to the unstable alpha to load your save to check the version). The bug you are reporting is possibly related to this (recently fixed) bug on Mantis.
https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=2800

But that bug was fixed a few days ago, so if you are using the most recent build then it's probably a separate issue.

Cheet4h

The savegame is saved in 0.16.1388, but since I was unsure if the save was started in that version, I started a new game (still on 1388) and this also happens there. It's the latest version in the Steam unstable branch.

Sorry, I should have included the build number in the post to begin with :/

Btw, this also happens with vents and doors, so probably everything that can be built over existing walls.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Cheet4h on December 15, 2016, 11:23:10 PM
The savegame is saved in 0.16.1388, but since I was unsure if the save was started in that version, I started a new game (still on 1388) and this also happens there. It's the latest version in the Steam unstable branch.

Sorry, I should have included the build number in the post to begin with :/

Btw, this also happens with vents and doors, so probably everything that can be built over existing walls.

I can confirm this bug. I've attached a screenshot of it happening in my own game. Note that two batches of blocks appear, one on each side of the wall. I suspect the blocks are spawning twice instead of once.

NOTE: This was in the latest build of A16.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Illusion Distort

Reproducible on claimed and unclaimed walls. Build a cooler on a stone wall.
The blocks are sometimes on the same side, but never in the same stack.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog