Yes
3 (37.5%)
No
4 (50%)
Undecided
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

devin25486

It's simple really, people don't like to wait to build massive structures, and accumulate colonist. So why not give people a mode where they can have creative power (I know there is a dev mode in game) And maybe while you're in creative mode you can customize characters to look how you want them to (This would be great for role playing) Any other ideas why or how this should be implemented?

OmegaConstruct

This is pretty much what dev mode lets you do. Build all structures instantly, mine instantly, spawn pawns, prisoners, raiders, items, resources, etc. The only thing it doesn't do that you brought up is the custom characters, but it might do that and I just haven't figured it out yet.

FtDLulz

^ Even if you're not a tester, you can go into the options menu and enable dev mode. Next time you start up a save or make a new one, you'll have icons at the top right. They'll allow you to do a lot of things. And Omega, I'm pretty sure there is no way to customize characters. Yet.

OmegaConstruct

Quote from: FtDLulz on April 09, 2014, 06:39:34 PM
And Omega, I'm pretty sure there is no way to customize characters. Yet.

That's what I thought, but the "package editor" has a "hairdef" option, which could be a part of customizing a character, but I haven't messed with that at all so I'm not really sure what it's all about.

FtDLulz

I think you can change the hair textures in that, but I've never actually seen it and I'm going by the title, so don't take my word on it.

onashu

Honestly, I believe one of the biggest attractions to games like this and Dwarf Fortress is the survival aspect. I mean, if this mode were ever implemented I wouldn't complain, but I would very much like to see more survival features added before anything creative.

Yarkista

Locked because this is already implemented into the game. God mode is not called "God mode" for shits and giggles people, it makes everything free.