Sun lamp grow radius.

Started by Sion, April 09, 2014, 02:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

Sun lamps should have the same range display thing that turrets have, but this should display the grow radius.
Possibly with a tiny green nuance.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

OmegaConstruct

+1. If this were reddit, this idea would get my upvote.

Zack_Wester

or for that part an Hud toggle that show the range of lamps and current lamps range so that I know what part of my Dinner that isn´t light up whit out my need of pixel hunting on possible/likely places.

Cala13er

I've just added this to Industrial RIM! Sun Lamps and Standing lamps will now display the glow radius (The grow radius is the exact same I believe)

However this is a fixed amount, for example, if you change the sun lamp's glow radius to 5, the display radius will still be 14. I will look into changing that! Will also make it so if you have the power turned OFF, the the display radius will disappear :)

OmegaConstruct

Here is another idea for sun lamps: make the outer two squares of the radius only provide "low light" or whatever the normal lamps provide. BUT, if you place a second sun lamp so that the outer squares of the two lamps' radii overlap, they combine to create a "bright light" area like in a Venn diagram.

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Sion

One thing though, the sun lamp have 2 light radius's, the inner one is [Brightly lit - lit] and the outer one are [lit - dark].
Plant only grow inside the Brightly Lit area.

Cala13er

Quote from: Sion on April 10, 2014, 01:17:36 PM
One thing though, the sun lam have 2 light radius's, the inner one is [Brightly lit - lit] and the outer one are [lit - dark].

Any idea what radius this is? I will add 2 circles.

Tynan

This is a good idea, I'll look into this.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Sion

Quote from: Cala13er on April 10, 2014, 01:41:27 PM
Quote from: Sion on April 10, 2014, 01:17:36 PM
One thing though, the sun lam have 2 light radius's, the inner one is [Brightly lit - lit] and the outer one are [lit - dark].

Any idea what radius this is? I will add 2 circles.

No, sorry, but if you build a powered sun lamp and hold the cursor over the ground, it will tell you in the bottom left corner what the cursor are hovering over, including light level.

Cala13er

Quote from: Tynan on April 10, 2014, 02:18:00 PM
This is a good idea, I'll look into this.

Just add

public override void DrawExtraSelectionOverlays()
    {
        GenRender.RenderRadiusRing(base.Position, 14);
    }

In Building_Glower. Maybe make the 14 use the defined radius :)