Improving Relations with Factions?

Started by Saebra, January 03, 2017, 12:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saebra

Just curious is there a way to improve relations with a faction? Sometimes a tribe starts off hostile along with the Pirates and I've never figured out how to improve my relation with a faction.

DeathWeasel

I think the only way to increase relation with hostile tribes is to capture some fallen tribesmen as prisoners, patch them up, and release them. Each one gets you +15 relationship with the faction.

As far as I'm aware, it isn't possible to become friendly with pirate factions.

Listy

Quote from: Saebra on January 03, 2017, 12:03:54 AM
Just curious is there a way to improve relations with a faction? Sometimes a tribe starts off hostile along with the Pirates and I've never figured out how to improve my relation with a faction.

Shoot them or bribe them.

Option 1: await an attack murder them, capture the survivors and release them. Do not capture ones with missing legs! Each one that leaves the map gives +15 relation.

Option two: Build a comms console and phone them up, and throw silver at them until they become friendly.

Note: Mechanoids and pirates will always be hostile.

OFWG

Quote from: Listy on January 03, 2017, 02:59:03 AM
... await an attack murder them, capture the survivors and release them. Do not capture ones with missing legs!...

No, capture all you can and use the missing legs one as practice for your doctor by installing peg legs. As of A16 prisoners are considered 'guilty' for a day or so and won't cause a bad mood no matter how bad your doctor mangles them. If he succeeds with the peg leg thing you can release the survivor as normal.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."