Tell me what's wrong with my base (big pics)

Started by jpinard, February 08, 2017, 04:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eadras

Quote from: Limdood on February 09, 2017, 11:51:05 PM
Vitals monitors.  Any number of beds (obviously a max of 4) can benefit from a single vitals monitor they are touching.  More than 1 vitals monitor touching a bed = no added effect.  More than 1 bed touching a vitals monitor = each bed benefits from the monitor simultaneously. 
This conflicts with the ingame description for vitals monitors.  Are you claiming that 4 hospital beds can actively and simultaneously benefit from a single vitals monitor?  Obviously if only one of the 4 beds at a time is occupied, then you would expect the adjacent monitor to work, but in a situation with all 4 beds occupied, wouldn't it only benefit one bed at a time?  I haven't actually tested it, but this would seem to not be working as designed if it is so. 
Quote from: taha on February 10, 2017, 08:03:44 AM

Personally I use only 2 chairs on a small table, because I place it 2 tiles away from wall, and on the wall I place 2 TVs. I also place this near a door so people don't have to waste time walking to the center of the room to eat / watch TV. Using a big table in conjunction with TV screen is a waste because only 1 colonist can use joy furniture at a given time.

Glad to be of help.

Maybe I'm misreading you here, but multiple colonists can absolutely use a single joy object concurrently, as of A16.  I've personally and frequently witnessed multiple colonists using nearly every piece of joy furniture in the vanilla game at the same time as another colonist.  Horseshoe pins, chess tables, all 3 types of TVs (provided there are more than one chairs/hospital beds facing it), billiards table.  The only exception I can think of would be the telescope.

Stormfox

Quote from: eadras on February 10, 2017, 08:21:54 AM
This conflicts with the ingame description for vitals monitors.  Are you claiming that 4 hospital beds can actively and simultaneously benefit from a single vitals monitor?  Obviously if only one of the 4 beds at a time is occupied, then you would expect the adjacent monitor to work, but in a situation with all 4 beds occupied, wouldn't it only benefit one bed at a time? 

It works exactly as limdood described. The wording actually supports this, it is just written in an unintuive way. I think it should not, though, since vitals are a relatively late luxury tech that can as well be somewhat expensive, i.e. need one monitor per bed.

jpinard

I think it should be one moniter per bed too.  I spend a lot of time in the hospital and it feels cheaty 😀

XeoNovaDan

I've spotted a fair few areas where this base could be improved...

* Upgrade at least the external wood walls to stone walls.
* Batteries and the fact that everything's all in one building? A Zzzt could spell the end
* Workshop is significantly larger than it needs to be. Grand sculptures are better at beautifying for a slight material and labour cost.
* Small sculptures... large sculptures have the same footprint, and much more beauty.
* Butcher table could be placed in the freezer. Workspeed penalty really won't have much impact there as butchering is situational.

Other than that... it gets the job done..?

This is how my base looks (Vanilla, Randy Extreme Permadeath):