Cannot load saves

Started by ZeroyalDragon, April 10, 2017, 03:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroyalDragon

I have not even the slightest clue why this isn't working over than the attached logs, I wish I knew what cause this, but all I know is I saved, it crashed, and now none of the saves work, including older ones.
There is an "output log" but that's too large to fit on this website, If you email me and ask for it I'll send it if that let's me, thank's for any help in advance.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

nccvoyager

You can upload the output_log file to a cloud storage service like Google Drive, or you can post it on a site like Pastebin.

Looking at the error log, it appears that RimWorld may have attempted to access a "restricted" (or damaged) memory address.
Normally, this could be caused by attempting to access a RAM address that has been "reserved" by another program, attempting to access "restricted" RAM addresses, attempting to access new RAM addresses while the RAM is completely filled with data resulting in an OOM STOP error, or due to attempting to access a memory address in a damaged or incorrectly seated RAM chip.
(Another alternative is a corrupt HD sector wherein a paging file is being read and/or written.)

In this case, looking through that error log showed that an antivirus program was running at the time of the crash.
As such, before anything else, I would highly suggest that you Whitelist both Steam and RimWorld, as well as the RimWorld user data folder, from your
antivirus program settings menu.
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\
Alternatively, temporarily disabling the antivirus program before starting Steam and RimWorld, and keeping it disabled until you finish your RimWorld session, may also work.

If the issue continues to occur after attempting this, I would suggest that you run the Windows disk-checking utility on your system hard drive, as well as the Windows memory diagnostic tool.
The disk checking utility would attempt to remap or repair damaged HD sections which could be interfering with a paging file being read/written.
The memory diagnostic would ensure that your RAM is working properly.

If a RAM error is detected, you may need a replacement RAM stick.
(These failures can occur due to overheating, a power surge, overclocking, or factory defect.)

There are additional steps that can be taken if none of these things alleviate the issue.

Calahan

Quote from: ZeroyalDragon on April 10, 2017, 03:45:23 PMThere is an "output log" but that's too large to fit on this website, If you email me and ask for it I'll send it if that let's me, thank's for any help in advance.
If you compress the log file using a utility such as WinRAR or 7zip, then it will probably be small enough to post as an attachment (I've seen 23Mb log files compress to 170kb as a lot of the size is inflated with dead space),