Body shape change? Where? How?

Started by Somz, April 11, 2014, 12:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somz

So...yeah, that's it. After playing 'til I was simply overrun by the sheer amount of raiders (day 672) I started tweaking, "modding" things.
Yet I failed to figure out how to change the basic shape of characters' bodies. Skin/hair colour, hair, face shape, clothes, found everything but this.
I've found only one value I do not know of, what does <id>Human8160</id> stands for?
I don't recognize it and only screws with the game if I replace it with random numbers, plus it does not really look like a value that would change the body-type anyway. o_o

Thank you, and I apologize in case the post is misplaced.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Architect

I would have though that that was just the ID of the specific human you were looking at, but Im afraid I cant say for sure. As for changing the body types, they're a texture, not a value. The body types get chosen at random through hard coding, which even in alpha three would be impossible to change without heavily messing with the core. All I can suggest is that you look into the physically fit colonists mod, and revers engineer it for how to change the textures.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Somz

Quote from: Architect on April 11, 2014, 12:44:11 PM
I would have though that that was just the ID of the specific human you were looking at, but Im afraid I cant say for sure. As for changing the body types, they're a texture, not a value. The body types get chosen at random through hard coding, which even in alpha three would be impossible to change without heavily messing with the core. All I can suggest is that you look into the physically fit colonists mod, and revers engineer it for how to change the textures.

A texture, I see. But shouldn't be there a...line of code pointing towards the name of the texture, that if would be able to change? Anyway, reverse engineering this thing would be quite a pain since I'm but a beginner (not even that, just a user), I do not understand it, I just see...similarities that can be changed/swapped without causing much damage. Call it a wanna-be modder or something. :)
Thanks for the reply.
To beer or not to beer.

Architect

The line you'd have to change is buried in the C# assembly under the managed section of RimWorld. I can look at it later, but I dont think its going to be possible to create a mod based off that change without needing to package and distribute basically the entire game. I cant even guarantee I'll understand it anyway, as I'm also something of a noob at all this.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Somz

Uhm, I already said it, I'm not trying to make a mod out of the changes, I'm just like "modding", changing things for fun. ^^
Anyway you don't have to bother looking into it for the sake of my satisfaction, it is not THAT important, thank you. ;)

To beer or not to beer.

Architect

Quote from: Cyst on April 11, 2014, 01:19:09 PM
Uhm, I already said it, I'm not trying to make a mod out of the changes, I'm just like "modding", changing things for fun. ^^
Anyway you don't have to bother looking into it for the sake of my satisfaction, it is not THAT important, thank you. ;)

Oh, sorry, minds on other things, I'm half reading the forums, half programming, half doing homework, and half working on the correct use of fractions. Didn't quite get you weren't going for making a mod XD no worries though dude.

Tynan

The bodytype is actually implied by hardcoded data associated with the adulthood.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Somz

Well, I was kinda hoping that Mr. Architect is...wrong...and I too just missed it... Damn!
Anyway, thank you. o_o
To beer or not to beer.

Killaim

hope the ability to mod clothing body stuff or even just in game changing the pawns equipment/clothing look.

as i can read from the old messages they will do that eventually.

daft73

Quote from: Architect on April 11, 2014, 01:22:25 PM..
Oh, sorry, minds on other things, I'm half reading the forums, half programming, half doing homework, and half working on the correct use of fractions. Didn't quite get you weren't going for making a mod XD no worries though dude.
You my friend, have a lot of halves. :o