[Mod Request] 1x1 storage furniture with adjustable stack limiter

Started by Legless, August 23, 2017, 11:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legless

Just as title and attached image said. Sometimes that feature would be very useful, especially if playing with something like StackXXL. Imagine that early-mid headache, when you need to distribute stuff like food or medicine or components or shells in various locations. And if you do not want to put full stack of meals (10) for a single prisoner.

Judging from the fact that there still no mods implemented this feature (despite a few requests), I can suggest that feature is AI-hauling breaking, or too hardcoded. If you, modders, have already faced impregnable troubles with this, would you mind to answer here.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

skullywag

Usually the hangup here is simply the delving into the AI code to do things like allowing the stack to still be registered as a valid location to haul stuff to and stuff like that, im not saying its not possible, its usually just ends in a deep hole of overriding this class then this method, oh and this class and then this method and so on. I tried this way back, it wasnt feasible hence Extended storage ended up doing the things it does now. Some clever type may be able to work it out nowadays with all the tools we have available however.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Legless

Thanks for the hints.
I could use your Storage mod, disable redundant stackXXL, use your racks for main normal-priority storage, and use 1*1 high priority for distributing. Also, as I understand, I could slightly modify your mod, adding xml with custom shelf, that has ES.StorageFactor<1, like 0.1. Unfortunately, it seems that making it 1*1 will ruin input side logic, but I'll try anyway.