I hope you have a brighter option at night.

Started by East, October 08, 2017, 09:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East

I am playing rimworld twitch streaming.

The darkness of the present does not interfere with the game.

But it is very dark when you see it on the air. In other words, I think that game users are at a reasonable level. But it's dark for viewers.

It is very dark, especially when there is no light below the roof at night.

I would like to have a mod or option to make the night look brighter.

CannibarRechter

Realistic Darkness adjusts the light levels of the game. While he released two versions, very dark, and just dark, and both of these are darker than the base game, what I remember is that they are tunable in XML. So it occurs to me that if you enter the right numbers, it might actually lighten and not darken the night. You might try that.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

East

Quote from: CannibarRechter on October 08, 2017, 11:06:02 AM
Realistic Darkness adjusts the light levels of the game. While he released two versions, very dark, and just dark, and both of these are darker than the base game, what I remember is that they are tunable in XML. So it occurs to me that if you enter the right numbers, it might actually lighten and not darken the night. You might try that.

Thank you for your advice.
Do you know which file it is?

Grishnerf

download the  realistic darkness mod.
open the Folder look for a .XML file open it with note pad or similar
and Change some numbers in the brackets there.
i cant give you exact numbers, cause you Need to Switch alot of numbers for every Situation like if it is raining at night or clear night sky at night etc...
you can adjust the Colors, lighting and Saturation of Colors with that.

Trial and error with loading the game + mod and you will understand how the numbers work.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist