[A18] Interesting/Good Seed (12 non-guarded Cryptosleep caskets with friendlies)

Started by Barik Morloc, October 25, 2017, 04:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barik Morloc

Seed = 0
30.72N 44.55E
30% Planet Size
Large 300x300
Normal Rainfall/Tempature Coverage

Features:
+12 Cryosleep Caskets with nothing guarding it and friendlies that need saving or are dead. (Tested this 5 times each time 12 caskets with friends and nothing guarding it)

+Mountainious terrain bottom side completely blocked off
+Nonintruisive caves that doesn't open up the bottom side to invaders
+Marble/Granite (Best combo for vanilla play)
+Large number of vents places randomly
+Lots of minable ores
+Connrected to road network with a dirt road.

-On the far side east on the map away from the main clusters of civilization (there are 4-5 friendlies within launch distance though)

Full Map Screenshot
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180195219

Planet Screenshot with Terrain Details and landing spot indicator (red circle)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180205066

Tip: Wall of the cave areas and add a door (than forbid the door) This will stop pawns from going into the caves and getting slaughtered by bugs.

Alenerel

I think that ancient dangers are random so while you get the same map you get ancient dangers in different positions with different things.

Barik Morloc

Quote from: Alenerel on October 25, 2017, 04:50:49 AM
I think that ancient dangers are random so while you get the same map you get ancient dangers in different positions with different things.

Although that might be how it was in A17 I can tell you with certainty that is not correct. I tested it 5 times before I posted the mod, every time same ancient danger locations with the same events "downed friendlies" in both locations.
and restarted the map another 5 times with same results. (the pawns that come out of the caskets ARE randomized however)

Rich Soil locations and amount as well as Vent locations are randomized. (Not sure if vent amounts are randomized though)

Bozobub

Unless the entire seed algorithm was changed, the number of vents is specified by the seed but the locations will be random each time, just like any other standard resource.
Thanks, belgord!