[Mod request] Fake Colonist

Started by GIFShinobi, December 16, 2017, 03:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIFShinobi

I don't really know what to call this idea but fake colonist. So this idea would be like a dummy/diversion for raiders. These build-able Fake colonist would be placed where ever and the point of Fake Colonist is to distract the raiders. The raiders would be distracted by thinking that the Fake colonsit is an actual colonist so they'll start attacking the Fake colonist till its destroyed. Another purpose of this mod is to aid in battle to give the colonist a tactic way of defending the base.

dburgdorf

Given that raiders like to destroy high-value property, you can pretty much already do this just by sticking random high-value items in odd spots around your base. Feel free to call that extra stove in your front yard "Kenny," if you like, and after the next raid, share stories about how the bastards killed Kenny. ;)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

DanielLeal

Quote from: s3gur0 on December 16, 2017, 03:30:00 AM
I don't really know what to call this idea but fake colonist. So this idea would be like a dummy/diversion for raiders. These build-able Fake colonist would be placed where ever and the point of Fake Colonist is to distract the raiders. The raiders would be distracted by thinking that the Fake colonsit is an actual colonist so they'll start attacking the Fake colonist till its destroyed. Another purpose of this mod is to aid in battle to give the colonist a tactic way of defending the base.
Mate you already got such mods in rimworld that also bring more defenses like rimsenal

Lurmey

So you want a decoy structure? As Rainbeau Flambe(dburgdorf) already said, you can do this with high-value items already but I do agree that a human-shaped structure like a mannequin would be a nice touch in order to distract raiders. I don't think it should work for melee raiders though, nobody is stupid enough to not realise that the thing they're running towards isn't moving and doesn't have a face.

It would be great to put along walls as a decoy target for ranged attackers.

Torann

When I read the title my initial reaction was "ooh, this could be interesting: a fake colonist wanders into a colony, cleverly disguised as any other colonist, walking nonchalantly towards your item stash but with such a cheery mood, none of your real colonists thinks twice... just another visitor they think.  All the while, the devious fake makes his way to your valuables, jacks what he/she can carry, and strolls out."   The only notification you'll receive is when the deed is done and you got a letter saying "The thief "daylight stroller" has just ransacked your colony, he took your superior hyperweave pants... and you didn't even notice."   It's like what you were thinking, but in reverse...   :o

dburgdorf

I think there's an event like that in one of the mods that adds new incidents to the game.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Rimsenal Security Pack adds a buildable decoy pawn.
A scarecrow with a fake gun

Thats what you were looking for ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.