A fireplace

Started by lancar, December 15, 2017, 10:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancar

Stationary installation that can be fed anything burnable to give off heat over time like a radiator.
Built from any stone blocks. Either no research required, or very little. Neolithic level.

Accepts wood most commonly, but also textiles and even food, plant matter or drugs & medicine (should you be desperate enough). Not chemfuel, tho. That would just be a hazard with a device this simple.
A more reliable (and powerful) source of heat when you dont have electricity available (or want to save it), and great way to make use of deadmans clothing without traders.

There's probably a mod that does it, but i want this in vanilla.

patoka

i like the idea
i always wondered why fires dont burn longer when you burn apparel in it
all we need is a fix value for each piece of clothing which gets added to a fire's time. let's say a parka will make the fire burn for another 5 hours, a duster for another two and most small
apparel for another 30 mins.
obviously damaged apparel only add as much time as many percent it still has

but i believe normal ass fires should be able to do this very thing, no need for another different fire. also, chemfuel should be possible to use as fuel but maybe there is a chance that the pawn that uses it as fuel burns himself. oh my god yes and then fire keepers (back story) would never get burnt this way. aw yeah man i like this

this would be particularly useful for tribal starts of course and when tribals (or any other colony) gets chemfuel from droppods but cant use it otherwise
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

OFWG

Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."