[MOD REQUEST] Grenades as a single use sidearm

Started by chacotaco84, January 23, 2018, 11:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chacotaco84

Hello there, as I've played over 500 hours of rim world, one thing I've stopped enjoying is how the grenades function in the game.  I find it weird how there will be a raider pawn who apparently thinks gun fighting involves getting behind cover and chucking infinite numbers of grenades.

I would love a mod that makes grenades more powerful but single use items that would be attached to pawns as sidearms in their inventories.  When pawns are drafted you can then order them to "toss explosive," and they would quit shooting/melee and run close enough to where you clicked to toss the explosive.  After that the explosive is gone from the inventory.

Of course I would like raiders to have this ability also, so in the middle of a gunfight one raider starts charging in and the player has an "OH SHIT!" moment when he tosses some TNT to bust up your walls. 

My 2 cents thx!

minakurafto

try combat extended and SimpleSidearms. CE make grenade 1 time use per item and deal a lot of damage. Simplesidearm to easily acces grenade from inventory. but since grenade too powerful u need manually target or else accident may happen and enemy usually have more than a dozen grenade so it can very deadly if you let enemy use up all the grenade