[1.0.1981] hangs for 30s> while closing

Started by XDbored, July 25, 2018, 02:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XDbored

every time i try to close RimWorld using quit to OS or task manager or any other way of closing RimWorld in the main menu or in game it freezes for about 30 seconds i can not put any other window in focus during this but i can have them render over the entire screen by hovering over them in the task bar

i removed all my mods and it still didn't work then i downgraded to v0.18 opened v0.18 clicked exit to OS and it closed instantly and as soon i re downloaded 1.0 its broken again so this has to be a 1.0 bug

here is the latest log file i don't think it has anything useful in it https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u6Uo_63hiUfx2TIRG3Rjb1hJGJv5OLsA
this is from 1.01975 upgraded from v0.18 restarted and it has not seen a single game just the main menu

i asked people at the RimWorld discord for help and after about 90 minutes of restarts and empty error logs and freezing and head scratching we couldn't fix it

hardware info OS =windows7 CPU=FX8300 GPU=gtx-1060 6gb
less important hardware info ram 16gb ddr3 motherboard Asrock 970 Extreme3
keyboard Razer Blackwidow x Chroma mouse Razer DeathAdder this might be important because Razer Synapse is very bad software
storage C:\ 256gb SSD, E:\Raid 10 with 4HDDS

blue yeti microphone, Schit Modi DAC, SD-card reader in front of case

a logitech gamepad in xinput mode
i don't think Rimworld does anything with gamepads but i have had a couple of strange bugs in the past an example is in CS-GO where all bullet tracers and decals would be shot straight down into the floor instead of where the gun was pointing but actual damage would still go straight if you have a gamepad plugged in weird

i think that's everything plugged into the computer except for the monitor and power supply