Multiple Researchers

Started by vagineer1, June 30, 2014, 07:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagineer1

Is it, or will it be possible to have multiple researchers researching the same thing to increase the rate at which the topic is being researched?

I personally think this will help with long topics such as the ship parts.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

ShivaFang

I know building 2 research stations allows 2 researchers to work them.  I would imagine that they each add progress to the current research.  (That said, the current technologies are so quick that I typically have them all done within a few game days - so I only did this on my first play through and only ever had 1 researcher every other playthrough.)

milon

I kind if wish the research tables used a Bills system like other crafting tables. That way you could research 2 different things at once, or double up on researching one thing, etc.

Tynan

Quote from: milon on June 30, 2014, 01:10:00 PM
I kind if wish the research tables used a Bills system like other crafting tables. That way you could research 2 different things at once, or double up on researching one thing, etc.

I considered this, but it would prevent the on-screen research progress bar. And, there's absolutely no benefit to ever researching more than one thing under the current system. You only make it possible to delay yourself.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Tynan on July 01, 2014, 08:05:35 PM
Quote from: milon on June 30, 2014, 01:10:00 PM

I considered this, but it would prevent the on-screen research progress bar. And, there's absolutely no benefit to ever researching more than one thing under the current system. You only make it possible to delay yourself.

Actually Tynan, personally I think I'm okay without the progress bar if it means we can do multiple research. Just keep in memory who's doing which research and pile their respective research points into the 'bucket' if you may, and when it's full then that research's complete.

If you still want to keep the progress bar, then how about letting two people research the same thing. Put their points into the same bucket and make it fill faster. It's like Civilization's research, then, as each city contributes a certain research point into a common research subject.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Tynan

Well currently everyone researches the same thing, and the research bar represents the progress to the end of that project - exactly like Civilization.

StorymasterQ

If there are two people researching the same thing, does it get researched faster? I haven't actually tried it yet, due to the massiveness of the research table, but if it is then I'm fine with the way things are.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

Tynan

Quote from: StorymasterQ on July 01, 2014, 10:49:48 PM
If there are two people researching the same thing, does it get researched faster? I haven't actually tried it yet, due to the massiveness of the research table, but if it is then I'm fine with the way things are.
Yes.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Tynan on July 01, 2014, 11:10:26 PM
Yes.

Awesome! Well, that answers the OP, too!

vagineer1

Yes.

That was what I wanted to ask in the original post, thanks Tynan.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: vagineer1 on July 02, 2014, 02:46:16 AM
Yes.

That was what I wanted to ask in the original post, thanks Tynan.

I had to kite him slightly :D