No sound coming from Rimworld

Started by MEESTERBANANA, December 08, 2018, 05:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MEESTERBANANA

I recently reinstalled Rimworld and was excited to play it, however almost immediately after starting up a new world and loading into the map (colony map not world map) all sound cut out, followed by a series of beeps akin to how elementary schools would test your hearing. The last time I played Rimworld was on a different computer.

I've tried restarting, reinstalling, verifying local files, turning off mods, restarting my computer, updating sound drivers and video drivers, messing with the volume mixer and sound options and I've explored a number of other solutions that were previously posted on the forums and the steam discussion board to no avail. Although sound isn't vital to gameplay, I feel as though I'm missing a part of the game that adds to the experience.

In case it helps, the only audio driver I have activated right now is Realtek High Definition Audio.

If anyone might even have a semblance of an idea of what is going on then I'd appreciate the help with this.

Canute

Hi,
you could attach a logfile to your answer (file attach option is only visible when you use the reply button).
But i bet it only show "failed to initialize the output device" or such kind.

Most other people with no sound used other audio software too like Nahimic or something from USB headset/speaker.

MEESTERBANANA

You're right, It just says failed to initialize output. I have checked to see if Nahimic or other applications are installed that might break sound and I don't have any installed that I know of. As for my headset, it's plugged into the headphone jack on my laptop.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

Maybe this link help you further
https://answers.unity.com/questions/226119/error-fmod-failed-to-initialize-a-call-to-a-standa.html

If not try a websearch for "FMOD failed to initialize the output device" and look if you found an answer there.

MEESTERBANANA

I was able to actually fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling my Audio Drivers. I wish I had thought of it sooner. This issue can be considered fixed