[1.0] Can a Rec room be a Dining Room too?

Started by Merudo, December 12, 2018, 01:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merudo

Can a Room both give the Dining Room and the Rec Room mood bonuses?

These bonuses last for a long time (~20 hours) so they are really helpful to get.

However I've noticed that my pawns that take part in recreation in the Dining Room don't get the mood bonus for using a nice Rec Room - maybe I should use a dedicated Rec Room instead?

BlackSmokeDMax

Just responded to your other thread. I thought they did, maybe something has changed? Are you sure the dining room is good enough to get the bonus? Or perhaps it takes a nicer rec room to get the bonus than it does to get the dining room bonus?

JackWearskin

My experience, regardless whether one room or two,

some pawns like one, some the other, some both and some neither.

Kinda like real people in RL.

Shurp

I see this all the time.  My horseshoe pin is in the same room as my dining table, and pawns are always walking around with both dining room and rec room bonus.  But it depends on where they're taking their recreation.  If they prefer going for walks or meditating in their bedroom they won't get the rec room bonus.

This suddenly makes me think it might be worthwhile to put a variety of rec items in the room to keep them busy there.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

DuckBoy

You can make barracks, rec room, and dining room all in one.  It's actually a pretty solid way to start a tribal base.  You can fit 5 beds, a table, two stools, a chessboard (game of ur?) in a 7x7 or 8x8 room, fill the remaining space with roses or dayblooms and get ~+12 mood boost on every pawn on day 1. 

You'll want a separate room for research, cooking and/or hospital though, leaving the room unfloored makes it unclean.