[Mod Request / Help] Require colonists to change apparel when entering area

Started by MrJigglybuff, October 27, 2019, 07:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrJigglybuff

The idea:
Making colonists automatically switch their outfit to something specific before being allowed to enter an area. It might not be sufficient to make them switch their allowed outfits though, since they might not prioritize changing clothes before being allowed in an area. This check would also need to happen before they step foot in an area. Maybe checking just their intended destination would be fine? Maybe it makes more sense to check their planned activity and require them to change clothes based on that?

The reason:
Mostly just Rimatomics, to make sure that colonists wear their Hazmat suits before entering a room full of radiation hazards. It could also be interesting for things like making them wear certain outfits (maybe ones that provide stat bonuses) to work different jobs (like doctoring or cooking), or even for roleplaying / immersion by making them wear sleepwear before going to bed or something.

Additional Thoughts:
I have no idea if this is feasible to implement in a mod or how difficult it might be. I've taken a look at Rimworld modding before but have almost no experience with it. I'm mostly just looking for feedback on this idea and how it might be possible or not. Maybe even a workaround for my issue with Rimatomics that doesn't even require a completely new mod. Would love to hear some thoughts on this matter.