Designate Heir Quest is Glitched [Version 1.1.2563]

Started by auginautumn, March 04, 2020, 06:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auginautumn

I am playing Rimworld Royalty version 1.1.2563.  All mods have been deactivated since before I started this save.

I am unable to designate an heir for my character, Zach.  He is a Praetor.  When he originally got a noble title he had a default heir, Kat.  However Kat died a long time ago and no heir is listed for Zach.  He was a Yeoman when Kat died.  Now that he is a Praetor I accepted the "designate heir" quest and selected Kirby as the Heir.  I spent a lot of resources building my monument.  During the quest another character, Katie became a Freeman and Kirby was randomly selected as her Heir.  As a result, when I completed the quest, Zach still had no heir.

Now, I accepted the Quest again and selected Sera as my heir.  This time no one else became a noble or made her an heir during the quest.  At the completion of this quest, once again, Zach has no heir listed and I do not know what to do or how to transfer this title.  Sera was on the map at the colony at the time of the quests completion.

This is a no reload save and if Zach dies I will have lost his title and abilities. 

I have attached my log file.  It says the save is too large to upload.

adranos

Similar issue here. When changing heir I get the quest to build a monument and when that is built I get the quest completed update. However, the heir remains the same although now suffering from a "disinherited" debuff.  I have tried it three times and it hasn't worked in each case. Amusingly the current heir now has the debuff with a x3 multiplier