Ive been playing rimworld since alpha 5 , and i have alot of hours ask me anythi

Started by Ebolakush, March 01, 2020, 06:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B@R5uk

Last time I did killbox it was like this. It allows to sneak 2-3 pawns behind centipedes and blow their minds with EMP grenades.

scorlew

Quote from: Ebolakush on March 01, 2020, 06:19:11 PM
My name is EbolaKush and ive been playing rimworld since 2013-2014 and im pretty much sure that i have around 1200-1500 hours on the game itself.  . . .

Ask me anything  ;D

Great.  Thanks for stepping up.  I've been playing since alpha-something but I only have 8,600 hours.  My question is:  Why do we spend so much time and effort on such a maddeningly frustrating game?
Send lawyers, guns and money. 
                           -WZ

Bozobub

Quote from: scorlew on March 30, 2020, 05:04:32 AMGreat.  Thanks for stepping up.  I've been playing since alpha-something but I only have 8,600 hours.  My question is:  Why do we spend so much time and effort on such a maddeningly frustrating game?
https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/how-addiction-hijacks-the-brain
Thanks, belgord!

scorlew

Ha!  Well played sir.  In my case it is just that I am old, retired, have too much time on my hands and currently my country is starting the third week of quarantine.
Send lawyers, guns and money. 
                           -WZ

Bozobub

Thanks, belgord!

RicRider

Quote from: scorlew on March 30, 2020, 05:04:32 AM

Great.  Thanks for stepping up.  I've been playing since alpha-something but I only have 8,600 hours.  My question is:  Why do we spend so much time and effort on such a maddeningly frustrating game?

Dude, it's called a hobby and don't let anyone guilt trip you into believing otherwise. Their hobbies are usually boring and make me wanna gouge my eyes out, like jogging or crossfit in the park with urban hipsters. And if anyone wants to argue with me about why RimWorld is not a hobby then you're more than welcome to, but you're gonna have to start with explaining to me how it's possible to like this game and NOT get into coding or mods or something related to that? It's like a modern day Dwarf Fortress or Warhammer tabletop or D&D or something. RimWorld has its own creative cult following.
##Coding Scrub##

Bozobub

Frankly, most hobbies are utterly boring to those who don't share the same interest(s).  Stamp collecting ("philately") is a perfect example :P.
Thanks, belgord!