[1.2.2723] Gloom Lights Get Destroyed by Exploding Mechs Anyway

Started by parasocks, August 13, 2020, 06:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parasocks

The blog post about Gloom Lights say that they're a reward for handling mech drops in a certain way (ie: not mortaring or grenading them to dust)

However they often drop right beside mech turrets for example that cause big explosions no matter how you kill them. You can snipe them from a distance and they still explode and destroy any adjacent Gloom Lights

Maybe they shouldn't take friendly fire from the mechs perhaps?

PicaMula

That's not quite true. I've got 4 lights already from two clusters. Some of them got destroyed that's true but the thing about turrets for instance. It's not 100% of the time that they will explode.

parasocks

Okay good info, maybe something for the devs to think about.. The first mech drop I saw them in had 3 in a tight group, and one turret and one mortar was enough to explode all the gloom lights even though I shot them all with guns and didn't use any explosives

Canute

Turrets mosttime explode when you don't do much damage in short time, like when you just snipe them with 1-2 pawns. Then you get the burning fuse animation and the turret explode shortly.
The other problem are that pawn's stop shooting when the burning fuse comes.

Bring more firepower so maybe the turret get destroyed in 2-3 salve, or mellee with high damage weapons.
But the best are 1-2 pawn with frag grenade an one with smoke so they can move close.

Pheanox