Colonists sleep through fires

Started by Died, December 30, 2021, 07:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Died

Nice clear point form :)
- Colonists were in their happy little beds at night...
-A firestorm started, striking 4 sites, all near the colony, but none in the home zone.
- They all expanded in the direction of the home zone - ok, understood.
- Expanded the home zone to include the fire and set all colonists to firefight priority 1.
- All 6 colonists stayed asleep.
- Deprioritized sleeping to off.
- All 6 colonists stayed asleep.
- By now the fires had reached the colonies, burned through several granite walls (lol) and was destroying the bedrooms the colonists were sleeping inside of.
- Drafted all 6 colonists and moved them next to individual fires.
- The colonists stamped out those immediate fires.
- Turned off draft so I wouldn't have to micromanage them for each tile of fire... they immediately returned to their beds. Which in some cases were literally on fire.
- Re-drafted all colonists and tried to put out the fires, 1x speed basically frame by frame, tile by tile, since the colonists considered a no-priority sleep more important than a 1 priority firefighting.
- It took about 40 minutes of real-time to get the fire cleared out of the immediate area.
- By this time, the fire had also spread to 3/4 of the map, 2 colonists were injured, and a 3rd had a break and decided to murder the other colonists...because he was .... malnourished? lol.

So...can we correct the colonist AI so if they're told to prioritize fighting fire they continue to fight fire until it's gone from the home area? Also can they not go back to beds that are literally on fire? :)

Pheanox

I have not noticed this behavior, could I please get a copy of your save or a devlog so I can do some further investigation?  The part that is unusual is them not putting all fires out in their home areas. If you aren't sure how to supply these, you can see the "How to report a bug" sticked topic.

Pawns don't generally wake up when there is fire, that part is not a bug, and since people burn to death in their own homes while sleeping IRL, it is not unrealistic for them to need to be woken to deal with fire.