Previous topic - Next topic

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

StorymasterQ

I was halfway into spilling out all of my raunchy adventures until I realize you didn't have an S at the start of your post title. I humbly return to my corner and let someone else have the floor.

Wait, let me clean it first.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

BetaSpectre

Encase ship part in wood.

Collapse roof

???

Profit
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Coenmcj

Dig tunnel with T junction at the entrance.

sandbag the tunnel and put a turret at the end

?????

Profit!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

UrbanBourbon

^Good one!

- Is this an exploit? Plant a rose garden, 5x5. Counts easily as 'beautiful'. Use it to prevent mental breaks by drafting the miserable colonist and force him to stand in the middle of the roses.

- Highlight huge areas of 'No roof zone' inside mountains to reveal empty areas and such.

- My Ancient Ship Part Worshipping colony... consisting of only Psychically Deaf colonists. Let the bugger land and let it make everyone else crazy. Extreme droning: -50 mood penalty. More about it in the Stories sections of the forum, in the thread title The Cult.

- Sell a prisoner. Buy him back. Instant recruit. Not sure if this works anymore. Might suffer the 'sold prisoner' mood penalty though.

- Wanna keep a huge stockpile of precious things but don't want your colony value to skyrocket? Put the things in a stockpile. Forbid them. Remove stockpile, remove the homezone over them. "What, me? I'm poor as dirt, my good sir! These items are not mine at all! I'm merely overseeing them."

Xerberus86

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on September 05, 2014, 07:55:57 PM
^Good one!

- Is this an exploit? Plant a rose garden, 5x5. Counts easily as 'beautiful'. Use it to prevent mental breaks by drafting the miserable colonist and force him to stand in the middle of the roses.

- Highlight huge areas of 'No roof zone' inside mountains to reveal empty areas and such.

- My Ancient Ship Part Worshipping colony... consisting of only Psychically Deaf colonists. Let the bugger land and let it make everyone else crazy. Extreme droning: -50 mood penalty. More about it in the Stories sections of the forum, in the thread title The Cult.

- Sell a prisoner. Buy him back. Instant recruit. Not sure if this works anymore. Might suffer the 'sold prisoner' mood penalty though.

- Wanna keep a huge stockpile of precious things but don't want your colony value to skyrocket? Put the things in a stockpile. Forbid them. Remove stockpile, remove the homezone over them. "What, me? I'm poor as dirt, my good sir! These items are not mine at all! I'm merely overseeing them."

todays changelog update includes the focus shift of wealth to population. now wealth isn't out of the window but having higher population will be worse than having high amount of wealth in the next alpha version. now exploit dat :P.

RemingtonRyder

Troubled by tribal attacks?  Hole up inside a mountain and put a stockpile of Critical priority near to your front door, with stone blocks as the thing to stock.  Make sure that your front door is inset a few tiles inside the mountain, and then when the tribal raid begins, place a stone block to seal your colonists in.

Let them try and break through that!  Especially when your colonists really have nothing to do all day but spam repair on that one block.

Not a particularly new tactic, but it works well enough.

Cyclops

Dealing with pesky prisoners coming in large groups? Well, no more! Wall them off and watch them kill each other in a frenzied madness spiral! Best part? Free clothes and weapons! And some silver, if you're lucky.

Rahjital

A metal wall takes 4 metal to build, but when destroyed, it leaves behind slag that can be melted for 8 metal at the Electric Smelter. Not the fastest way to get it, but the only viable choice when there is no more mineral to mine and industrial traders do their best to avoid you.

Xerberus86

Quote from: Rahjital on September 06, 2014, 08:20:23 AM
A metal wall takes 4 metal to build, but when destroyed, it leaves behind slag that can be melted for 8 metal at the Electric Smelter. Not the fastest way to get it, but the only viable choice when there is no more mineral to mine and industrial traders do their best to avoid you.

isn't a mining drill also in the vanilla version? can't remember^^. but if not they should really implement a mining drill as a lategame tech.

milon

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 05, 2014, 08:01:44 PM
todays changelog update includes the focus shift of wealth to population. now wealth isn't out of the window but having higher population will be worse than having high amount of wealth in the next alpha version. now exploit dat :P.

Keep a large prison and have a dedicated warden who's really passionate about Social.  Don't attempt to recruit the prisoners, but feed them and keep them happy.  Also keep a large stockpile of weapons and armor.  If/when you get attacked (or have another crisis requiring more colonists), begin recruiting.  Also, if any of your colonists are on the verge of a mental breakdown, arrest them.  Feel free to sell/starve any prisoners that won't be useful to your colony.

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 06, 2014, 08:45:59 AM
isn't a mining drill also in the vanilla version? can't remember^^. but if not they should really implement a mining drill as a lategame tech.

Nope, no mining drill in vanilla.