Cannot recruit prisoners

Started by ble210, August 19, 2014, 03:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ble210

I haven't played since version 4 and just started up again- is there a new way of recruiting prisoners?  I checked the box on each prisoner and have a warden, but my colonists don't bother to try and recruit them.  Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Snownova

Check their health and see if they are missing any limbs or anything. I've regularly had prisoners who just stayed in bed all the time and it drove me mad until I checked their health tab and it turns out they had 0% movement, so I had to execute them. (food was short so I couldn't afford to wait for a slaver)

HatesYourFace

Are you getting any kind of notification when your Warden visits them? It should either say "So-and-so failed to recruit So-and-so.(4%chance) or "So-and-so can't be recruited, below loyalty threshold."

Check that both the "Friendly chat, and Recruit prisoner button are both checked under the Prisoner tab on the character.

Also, check out their "Recruitment difficulty" It will be a number (typically between 30 and 90) in the Prisoner panel that indicates how hard the prisoner is to convert, a 90 can take a LONG time.
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

lordtijger

is there a way to change the recruitment difficulty?
i've been able to edit everything else for my colonist, prisoners ect.
except that i can't find.

edit: because i have a prisoner with a recruitment difficulty of 99 so that's why  :(

Wex

It would be nice to lower the recruiting difficulty for those who see a prisoner execution (yes tribals, I am talking to you) have you ever had 7 prisoners who had 88 as lowest recruiting difficulty?
Let's make an example of one of them, and scare the others into joining!
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

lordtijger

that would be cool
or just over time that they give up on their clan coming to rescue them or something

christhekiller

No there isn't a way to lower the recruitment difficulty. You just need a highly skilled warden

Wex

Quote from: christhekiller on November 09, 2014, 04:52:04 PM
No there isn't a way to lower the recruitment difficulty. You just need a highly skilled warden
That I already knew. I was hinting *wink wink* at a cool feature, that would make executing prisoners useful; that is, if it could be included in the game.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

lordtijger

Hm... if i knew how those modding things work i would try myself
Haha, but i have never been able to do this :-\